4.0 out of 5 stars Design cook book for mechanical engineers, 17 April 2001
This review is from: Ingenious Mechanisms for Designers and Inventors: v. 1 (Ingenious Mechanisms for Designers & Inventors) (Hardcover)
It must be quite hard , even for mechanical engineers, to design some mechanical devices that work exactly what we want. This book contains plenty of designs and drawings which can be implemented immediately. For example, tripping or stop mechanisms, reversing mechanisms, speed-changing mechanisms, etc. I found this book saves me a lot of time and gives me briliant idea in machine design.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mechanism source book., 25 Sep 2012
I didn't buy mine through amazon, I've owned the series of 4 books since the mid 90's and they're one of the first books I'll look at for a solution to a mechanism problem. Most of the examples date back to the early 20th century, and if you haven't got some engineering empathy you may struggle as some of the mechanisms are complex and the diagrams a bit small. Having said that it is still a good source of ideas and quite a few have found their way into mechanisms I've designed over the years.

ARRAY(0xa8b29480)