5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Is God to Blame? (Paperback)
I wish I'd heard this stuff years ago! Such a clear explanation of life!! Loved it and ordering more of Greg Boyd's books

4.0 out of 5 stars BLUEPRINT OR SPRITUAL WARFARE AND POWER OF CHOICE, 4 Sep 2004
B. G. Strand "strandbg" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Is God to Blame?: Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of Suffering (Paperback)
Greg clearly reviews the two viewpoints and concludes that we need to view all events in the light of God's character as revealed in Jesus life and teaching.
The book contains an excellent pastoral chapter on prayer variables and is worth the price for that alone whatever view you may take on the controversy discussed as the main topic in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really very signficant book, 25 Jun 2013
Michael W. Phillips (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This really is an outstanding book. Tackling difficult issues that trouble Christians and non-Christians alike, Boyd has produced an incredibly thorough and thoughtful book. Suffering, evil, even love itself, are the inevitable consequence of God's decision to give free will. God is love. He doesn't create evil but he does use it.

But don't stop with my feeble attempts to summarise Boyd. Get the book. If you are angry at God, you need to read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A new perspective on God, 15 Aug 2008
Timothy H. Coad (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a book that many will find will reasesses their view of God. Many Christians have a fatalistic view of the "will of God". This will anger some but heal many who've been through the mill in one way or another. I am on my second readin armed with a yellow highlighter! Read it more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 15 Jan 2008
A. Kilpatrick - See all my reviews
I've been brought up in the reformed school all my life, but questions over many years have persistently challenged me and the views I hold. I read this book and it was like a light was switched on and a heavy weight lifted off. I know this sounds extreme, but it's how I felt. Read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the subject, 7 Nov 2011
Matthew Frost (Cirencester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Is God to Blame? (Paperback)
The best book I have found that tackles in an accessible way the "Problem of Evil". Can't recommend it too highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars a thorough starter, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: Is God to Blame? (Paperback)
This in one of Scott Boyd's writing on the problem of evil, which is invaluable. This book provides a very good lay-out of arminianism and it also addresses the traditionally calvinist passages. It is set in the world today, not in a theological bubble. Great exegesis. Good starter before looking at the more advanced sources.

Is God to Blame?: Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of Suffering