5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 31 May 2013
This review is from: How to Be a Christian Without Being Religious: Discover the Joy of Being Free in Your Faith (Paperback)
Excellent book, will highly recommend.
Being a Christian, but not born again, I wanted a different perceptive on just being Christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolutely Brilliant Book, 7 Jan 2012
The book, which is in effect a Commentary of Romans that will leave readers in no doubt about the difference between being a being religious and being a Christian.

I was introduced to the original version of this book in 1974 shortly after leaving the RC Church and then finding Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour. However, I never had my own copy of the book and I am delighted that I have now been able to obtain a copy of this revised edition. Scripture references used are now taken from the New Living Translation.

Being religious is us making our own efforts to reach God, it is hard work, an impossible burden, an endless treadmill, a fruitless struggle. Being a Christian, is God reaching down to us, removing the burden from our backs, setting us free and enabling us for the challenge ahead.

This book will leave its readers in no doubt as to the difference between Christianity and Religion. It is ideal for those who are seeking Christ, for new believers and those who have been Christian for many years, especially those who are trapped in a system of mind numbing rules, rituals and traditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to be a Christian with being Religious, 23 April 2011
B. Mutter "Bookworm" (UK) - See all my reviews
'How to be a Christian without being religious' is a modern translation of the book of Romans - The letter written by Paul to the church in Rome. Interspersed with comment and explaination.

I've found it really helpful and the illustrations are fun as well. I'm very glad I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 1 Feb 2014
This is a clearly written book in everyday language with gently humorous illustrations, and is so helpful for anyone seeking to understand the basis of their Christian faith, focusing on the book of Romans. Brilliant!