5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret is to Want What You Have-not Have What You Want!, 20 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Victory Over the Darkness: 10th Anniversary Edition (Paperback)
This is a life transforming book for finding the real power for living. That secret is to live as Dr Anderson prescibes, in the power of God's Holy Spirit and to take captive the stray thoughts that form on going patterns in our behaviour. Anderson demonstrates from decades of his own experiences in life, pastoring, counselling and learning in biblical theology how to break the bondages that bind so many up. There are practical as well as truthful principles from God's word to direct you towards the goal of living as God intended.
The thing that particularly appealed to me was the realisation that having what you want NEVER satisfies, though that is the maessage that we hear constantly from the world around us. Dr Anderson turns this on its head, and shows why God commands in the 10 commandments not to covet. The reason is the principle that people can only be happy in praising God in all circumstances, and "wanting what you have" so that you can enjoy life NOW instead of always waiting to have life in all its fullness and being unwilling to thank God for all His goodness very day (actually every moment!).
I totally recommend this book, whatever maturity you have in relationship to God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than just a good read, 25 Nov. 2009
D. Price "David Price" (Chiltern Hills,UK) - See all my reviews
An amazing book showing tremendous insights into the Christian life and how we actually can live in victory here ,and grow in Christ as we were meant to. I wish I had read this book 30 years ago.there was so much in the book that God was speaking to me through that I took a marker pen to highlight so that I can go back and re-read and really take on board.because of the insights and truths in this book, shared so well by Dr Neil,I have already purchased other books in this series,all available on Amazon books. and am currently working through other books that link into this.
The central issue is God,s truth which rightly applied as a heart response by us,leads to freedom from the slavery to the lies that we have believed. All of us at some time have had bad things spoken to us or over us even as children which we have carried around in our lives,and which has kept us in bondage,not being the complete person that we were meant to be. This book is firmly based all the way through in the Wisdom,truth and love of God,as revealed in the bible with all the relevant scriptures notations.Check it all out for yourself.

As Dr Neil points out it is not a power encounter but a TRUTH Encounter, and us living in daily victory down here on planet earth.As you read you find yourself saying "I'M like that" and," sometimes I do that" or "think like that".He manages to look at a number of areas that are just very very helpful.As a Christian you want to grow and bear good fruit.That is why I read the book.and it certainly ticked a lot of boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading for all serious Christians, 22 Aug. 2013
This book was recommended to me and, though always sceptical of reading other peoples theories, I found this book very helpful. It has helped me enormously to find and realise my position in Christ - that of a beloved son and true child of God. Many Christians know these facts but to actually live them out is not so common. This book will encourage and enlighten many Christians who are in the thralls of self-pity, rejection and denial of the true work of the cross of Christ.

I loved this book and am now re-reading it to take in what Dr Neil has written, and it has blessed me and will now do so again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprises, 17 Nov. 2013
I had many surprises to find that my thoughts and failings were well recognised patterns. It was encouraging to see the proposal of remedies. I will keep it as a reference book, and have copied out the lists and diagrams to use for encouragement. Very positive, clear and biblical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a re-read, 4 Feb. 2015
This is a very interesting book, which did not come from the angle which I was expecting, but was packed with information and various insights which have helped me to understand where some people are coming from. Good for self help too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., 28 May 2014
A well-written book which goes to the heart of the question of our identity, and helps the reader to find his true Christian identity with which she or he can find fulfillment and satisfaction.

Victory Over the Darkness: 10th Anniversary Edition
Victory Over the Darkness: 10th Anniversary Edition by Mr Joanne T Anderson (Paperback - 1 July 2000)
Used & New from: £0.64