Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 March 2014
The book is a companion to spiritual directors and retreatants especially for those doing the 19th Annotations or other retreats in daily life .

Hearts on Fire explains methods of prays, gives plenty of examples of .prayer for the four week of the Exercises and is the right size to fit in a pocket or small bag.. It leads one through the Exercises with clear Scripture references for each week. It is presented in an attractive format. One can enjoy using it and get energy and positive help.

I user it with young people who want a spiritual companion that will challenge and encourage them in their University life. We Skype or e mail direction using this little book . It is excellent for this.
on 21 April 2010
I loved this little book. It's full of beautiful poems and short writings from Jesuits across the Globe. There are pieces directly from St.Ignatius and some of the other early Jesuits, some of the well known Jesuit writes like G.M.Hopkins & Teilhard de Chardin, right up to the present day Jesuit writers. There were references to the weeks of the Spiritual Exercises through the book with reflections and excerpts from the original exercsies as well as modern day verbage with reflections & suggested Scripture passages. Most of all what I loved were the simple writings & prayers of very normal people about the most basic experiences of life, like growing old with grace, keeping my mouth shut, being grateful for the simplest things, calling out in despair, times of great awe & wonder. There was something for almost any situation, and it's a book I flick through often, especially when I don't have words of my own to express myself in prayer.
on 21 April 2011
This little book has been a wonderful treasure and I never end finding something new to deepen my love for God and my fellow man. I bought this book several times to give to friends who were delighted to find an unending gift of love. Kathryn McPhail
on 20 October 2011
A classic compilation of prayers from Jesuit masters.Thought provoking. This book would be an excellent accompaniment to anyone considering the spiritual exercises of St Ignatius.
on 25 October 2014
Excellent.All useful guidance which can be followed at your own speed as you fit it in with busy daily life.Would recommend.