on 19 December 2009
I am currently using this work as a resource for a paper I am writing on orthodox Zionism. It is extremely valuable since most reference to this subject is found only in tiny sections of major works (Vital, Halpern) or random, ancient articles difficult to find. I was joyful when I discovered this text is dedicated entirely to the subject of the orthodoxy and even more so after noting its immense detail. I am going to buy the book now, as the copy I have is from the UCL library in London. I hope they don't mind all the pen marks I made on almost every page :-)
on 5 November 1998
Luz' work is the best title available in English concerning the usually-neglected positions of Central- and Western-European RELIGIOUS Jews toward nascent Zionist thought. The writing is excellent, the documentation, taken from numerous languages, is extensive, the analysis sound and readily followed.