5.0 out of 5 stars A dream come true.
Trust me.This will help. An easy read with little jargon and simply heads straight into all the practical advive you would beg for.
Published on 13 Aug 2003 by Mr. D. Bowman

2.0 out of 5 stars Snooze worthy
I'm sure there's good sound advice in here, but I just can't wade through it. "Getting the Buggers to Behave" starts well and then just seems to repeat itself over and over again. Some of the suggestions are mad (for example talking to yourself in the pupil's hearing "How will I get them to behave?"), and the general impression is rather confusing and negative.
Published on 22 Aug 2006 by avid reader

5.0 out of 5 stars A dream come true., 13 Aug 2003
Mr. D. Bowman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
Cowley gives excelent advice on every aspect of class management. From that kids who walks in late with no intention of settling down to coping with 'that' class on a friday afternoon.Cowley uses all the theory you know to give actural real life examples on how to deal with the tougher aspects of being in a class as well as how to keep the momentum going once things are going well.
I've lent this to 4 other NQT's in the last year and everybody is agreed that this is as helpful as you could wish for and worth re-reading once you've forgotton one or two things too..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - buy it!!, 15 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
I bought this book prior to my first teaching practice and constantly refer to it for ideas. It is written in plain english (as you can see from the title!) and has a slant towards secondary as well as primary education.
It's a book to continually dip into to remind you of alternative ways of dealing with issues and classroom situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!, 26 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
I was given this book last Christmas day and I had read the whole of it by the end of boxing day-not because I had nothing to do, but because I couldn't put the book down! As a primary school teacher I found this book very funny and relevant to my everyday work, even though it has a slightly secondary school slant, I found the information in it very useful. It is reassuring that other teachers experience what I do, as I'm an NQT, but I think it would also be a good 'novelty' present for the more experienced of teacher who I think would have a better laugh reading it as it would give them de-ja-vu!
It offers many practical ways of dealing with difficult behaviour from many angles-from the first meeting, to dealing with individuals and how the children will perceive the teacher. A second book out by Sue Cowley, with the second version of this book is out soon and I'll buy it straight away!

2.0 out of 5 stars Snooze worthy, 22 Aug 2006
avid reader (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Behavioural problems in schools, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
OK. This book provides some good strategies for handling some common and not so common behavioural problems that teachers encounter from their pupils in schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
I bought this because I borrowed a work colleagues to assist with an assignment and thought it was a very straight forward way of looking at controlling behaviour in the class room. Sue Cowley really explains different ways to get good behaviour in the classroom. Anyone in teaching or within a school should have a read its very helpful and an easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars A*, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
very fast delivery and great product! as described, thank you very much I would definately consider using this seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting the buggers to behave, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
This book was very good and useful to my assignment. I'm really pleased I bought it. The advices were very practical and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A teachers's BM Bible!, 2 Jun 2010
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
Great book, would highly recommend for all trainee teachers and beyond. Wish I had read it at the start of the year...

5.0 out of 5 stars priceless, 8 Dec 2009
D. Firth "fairydeluxe" (north yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 (Paperback)
this book is a must, i am a trainee teaching assistant and have no idea to 'control' kids or get them to listen to me, this book is a life saver

ARRAY(0xb3ee10f0)

Getting the Buggers to Behave 2
Getting the Buggers to Behave 2 by Sue Cowley (Paperback - 1 Dec 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01