1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars a modern classic, 20 July 2013
Bhavini Shah "part time book worm" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vikram Seth's "A Suitable Boy": Continuum Contemporaries (Paperback)
I know that this is an over-used phrase but let me explain...I first read this book almost twenty years ago and loved it and have read it three times since then. It is an epic story (and at 1,000 pages or so, thank goodness for kindles!) and I have found that each time that I have read it, I have found something new to like about this book. It is amazing how much history is packed into the book (it is set just after partition) but also how close you feel to the central character and are rooting for her to find her "suitable boy". You may find this book a little heavy going at times (some chapters seem to take a lot longer to read than others) but please, please persevere - I promise that you will not be disappointed. I have heard rumours that Mr Seth is writing a follow up of sorts called "A Suitable Girl" - I only hope that the rumours are true....

Vikram Seth's "A Suitable Boy": Continuum Contemporaries
Vikram Seth's "A Suitable Boy": Continuum Contemporaries by Angela Atkins (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2002)
Used & New from: £2.53