5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas for anyone wishing to help a Dyslexic child
Published 19 months ago by Emigree

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Some of the ideas were repetitive and wordy and are used anyway in a good classroom. I was expecting something more innovative.
Published 11 months ago by Kym Hall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas for anyone wishing to help a Dyslexic child, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: 100+ Ideas for Supporting Children with Dyslexia (Continuum One Hundreds) (Paperback)
Although this book is aimed primarily at teaching staff, I purchased it for my daughter's use so that she could help my 8 year-old grand-daughter, whose degree of dyslexia had not been fully appreciated by her school, due to her above average performance both vocally and in computer and drawing skills. She was having huge problems copying work from the blackboard into her exercise books and was embarrassed by her slowness. This little book is very easy to read and follow by parents and teachers alike and is full of excellent ideas which are cheap and simple to implement. It will help parents to voice their concerns to teaching staff, not only for the benefit of the individual child but also to enhance dyslexia awareness throughout the school. Well-worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 5 Dec 2012
Good classroom resource for teachers and teaching assistants. Good tips that are easy to implement and help children straightway. Good value too

5.0 out of 5 stars teaching dyslexic students, 6 Dec 2012
This book is great because it actually gives you some tools to use in your teaching. My problem has been, that I've gathered lots of knowledge on dyslexia, but I still missed the tools. Now I have lots!
I highly recommend this book to all teachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good ideas, 1 Feb 2014
nicola power (Firenze, Italy) - See all my reviews
If you are a special education teacher or teaching assistant or a mother of a dyslexic child this is an excellent book. It gives you lots of ideas and I think it is a very special book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!!!!, 19 Jan 2014
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book is wonderful. My son 10 has dyslexia & adhd. By using Toe by Toe (book) and plenty of effort at home and at school his reading is coming along well. His reading is progressing. His writing has progressed to the stage where he can write and touch type but he stares at a blank page or screen not knowing what to write. At school and home we scribe a story plan for him; but still when left with his plan he still can't think of what to write. I have bought this book will give me simple and easy ways to allow my son to be able to think of sentences to write. I have only read the section about writing, but already I am filled with excitement as the exercises are fun, clear and easy to do with my son. My son has made such progress with his learning and being able to write (he can write he just does not know what to write) will be the last major dyslexic hurdle to get over. We have used Nessy Fingers to learn to touch type. Vocab Kids app to build his vocabulary while paying. My hope is that this book will help me with my son to open his mind so he can write stories and reports on any subject with confidence.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 22 Jun 2014
as a teacher this book has made a big difference to how I work with my dyslexic children I highly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 5 Jun 2014
very informative book bought for use with pupils a full of ideas and a very good price. well worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars for teachers, 25 May 2014
J. Mcewan (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
some good ideas, some obvious ones and some innovative ones. good as a memory jogger and all your kids will benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 + Ideas, 19 May 2014
Very good book full of ideas to use with children and clearly set out so you can dip into it as you need to

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

100+ Ideas for Supporting Children with Dyslexia (Continuum One Hundreds)
12.99