5.0 out of 5 stars Gods present for keyboardists
Published on 8 Oct. 2003 by S. K. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboardist Picture Chord Encyclopedia
Its really good just as a reference book as it shows you all the chords and combinations. It has very little theory or explanations so might not be useful for a beginner who has no prior knowledge.
Published on 5 Jan. 2011 by TarutR

5.0 out of 5 stars Gods present for keyboardists, 8 Oct. 2003
S. K. Wilson "EDDY - TOR" (Stroud, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Keyboardist's Picture Chord Encyclopedia (Piano Book) (Paperback)
Thank God I found this book by mistake in a secluded little music shop sitting in the window......I went in and browsed it,and purchased it right away...Someone had ordered it and never picked it up..,so now it belongs to me....I compose music,and I can not remember all the chords without endlessly finding combinations on the keyboard itself.....So this book has become a bible when I am looking for that magic chord to help with harmonics within my compositions....Good for beginners as well. It has,scales,chords in all the keys. C to B,flats and sharps...,augmented,5ths, 7ths etc etc....,inversions, altered triads as well as chord names.......Its a musicians/composer's bible......Its straight forward and doesn't complicate the theory nor the science....Its brill........

5.0 out of 5 stars First comprehensive library of chords I've seen, 28 Nov. 2009
This is the best library of piano chords I've so far seen, in fact the only complete library of chords I've seen... Other publications don't appear to include a full selection of all the possible piano chords. A helpful page tells of the variety of names certain chords go under, which helps to dispel a lot of confusion. There are often a number of inversions given for many chord types. Most chord dictionaries don't come any where near this book, which in my opinion renders them pretty useless, as without fail the chord you often want to look up is just not there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 10 Jan. 2010
B. Golding "Benny G" (England) - See all my reviews
I have quite an extensive knowledge of chords already and I bought this book to see if I could learn any more and I did! All the chords you'll ever need. Very good book. Clear and easy to read and refer to. Highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboardist Picture Chord Encyclopedia, 5 Jan. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for those who want to know all the ins and outs of chords, 5 Feb. 2014
I bought this book as I kept coming across names of chords but didn't have a clue what they were. It's the sort of book you refer to find out which chord is which or what the chord name means, but I wouldn't call it a quick reference book if that is what you are looking for. Some keyboard books have the most common chords listed/illustrated in the back and I tend to have a copy of this to hand. But more recently I have been playing music that has the less common chords. This is when this book comes up trumps - clear diagrams and listed in groups so it is quite easy to find the chord you are looking for. As I said, not a quick reference when you are playing a piece as you would need to flick from page to page, but an excellent full reference book. I would definitely recommend this encyclopedia if you want comprehensive chord information and diagrams

5.0 out of 5 stars keyboardist picture Piano chord encyclopedia, 24 Jun. 2013
More than happy with this product real good value for money . Book arrived pronptly and was packaged well

every chord i would ever wish to know is covered in this manual . it's A Top Draw Item .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, 29 Nov. 2013
Ian (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
If like me you are learning, this is a great reference book especially if you are looking for something a bit unusual in terms of a chord.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but think carefully about what you are buying it for., 7 Feb. 2015
This book is ok but I was a little disappointed that it didn't show more of the correct fingering positions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
A really helpful book of chords.

The Keyboardist's Picture Chord Encyclopedia (Piano Book)
The Keyboardist's Picture Chord Encyclopedia (Piano Book) by Leonard Vogler (Paperback - 1 Jun. 1991)