Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 January 2011
I am a fan of Iyengar - in 'Light on Yoga' he has helped me understand more about getting into different asana and alignment etc.
This book is invaluable for those studying pranayama as it answers a lot of questions and gives a traditional slant whilst not being unattainable.
Iyengar gives his characteristic insight in this book as well as in 'Light on Yoga'.
Recommended.
on 12 October 2001
The many descriptive photos (most of Iyengar in a loin cloth) are useful in helping to pin point exact position of hands and body for each of the breathing exercises. However, there aren't enough medical descriptions of techniques used. Not the greatest book on pranayama available, but still a useful aid especially for yoga instructors and students.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2013
This book says everything anyone may need to know and more about Pranayama. It is perhaps the best known and best selling book on Pranayama from one of the most revered living yoga practitioners and yoga legends of our time BKS Iyengar. I ordered the book because I wanted to refer to it in my practice. I thought I had given my copy away so this was a replacement. Lucky me, now I have two copies. Next time I find someone who may benefit from this wisdom, the second book will be theirs. First class, goes without saying. This book should always be in print. If this isn't in your yoga library then GET IT NOW!
on 24 March 2013
Like all of BKS Iyengar's books this is another exceptionally good one to read and understand he is definitely one of the best writers on these subjects, all his books are amazing
on 27 December 2012
Quite simply impossible to beat. This is the one and only book you'll need to start and become an advanced practitioner in the art of Pranayama.
on 13 January 2012
The book was an old favourite, one that was lost a long time ago. So glad to have a excellent copy from an excellent supplier.
on 25 September 2015
Excellent book, very informative/ detailed with pics of the yoga master. The book is a must if you want to practice safely.
on 5 June 2011
When taking my Yoga Teacher Training course with the BWY, this book was on the recommended books list...and for very good reason. The more I teach and practice yoga, the more focus I give to pranayama.

If you teach yoga, this is one of those must have resources for yoga teachers.

Other great yoga teacher resources include...

Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit [DVD], which inludes 1001 Yoga Lesson Planning Tips, Tools & Templates For Yoga Teachers.

Yoga Teacher Business Kit [DVD], which inludes 201 Business Tips, Tools & Templates For Yoga Teachers.

Quick Yoga Sites [DVD], which shows yoga teachers how to set up a great looking website with zero technical skills.

Yoga Studio Business Plan Kit [DVD]which inludes 201 tips, tools and templates to help you build and grow a successful yoga studio.
on 23 July 2015
What's the key to life son? keep on breathing dad.
on 24 February 2013
This is a book that contains a lot of knowledge. It is necessary to take time to read and assimilate the practices suggested. I will need some time to explore all aspects proposed but I really like it. I will recommend this book to anyone who is interested in yoga.