5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!
I found this book in the library and kept renewing it because I didn't want to part with it. Good indication that it was time to buy it!

Published on 22 July 2012 by Alikay

2.0 out of 5 stars HatHeads
All the patterns are basically the same and the sizing a tad off, I am a rather loose knitter and the hat I knitted came out quite small considering I was following the medium instructions.
Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by lesley

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 22 July 2012
This review is from: HatHeads (Paperback)

The author shows how to make a basic beanie and gives lots of photos, with interesting little stories, of ways he's used different colours, patterns and stitches to knit individual hats for his friends and relatives, taking into account their colouring, personality or interests. He made me feel, "I could do that, too." Two of the hats I was inspired to create were admired while I was knitting them, so they never made it to the charity I knit for.

He includes a useful chart of yarn weights, needle sizes and recommended tension, which is great when you're using up left-overs. His decreasing formula means you can always work out how to shape a crown nicely if you've been doing your own thing.

Not being used to circular knitting, I did fiddle about with needles. I tried Aero 100cm length; the stitches didn't slide properly and I didn't get on with the magic loop method. (Not in the book. I looked it up on Youtube.) I changed to Pony 40cm circular needles and they perfectly suit these patterns. Looking at the photo of him knitting in a Norwegian city centre, I think 40cm circular needles are his choice too.

This book is about designing beanies. If you want a variety of hat shapes, this isn't for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, 26 Oct. 2011
Cha Cha (Aylesbury, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HatHeads (Paperback)
This book is brilliant, the pictures in it are so captivating (the Norwegians have stunning eyes!), I have now made 2 hats. I wouldn't recommend it to a total beginner but I'm no expert and managed well. You can use circular knitting needles (60cm long are perfect, not longer) or a set of 5 double pointed needles, depending on what you like using best.I would have liked to see the inside of the hats and been shown how to mix the colours. A book full of amazing photos, written by a man, with many patterns for men (very useful), women and children. There's also a basic hat recipe which is easy. I enjoyed the stories behind the hats. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars HatHeads, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: HatHeads (Paperback)
If you want to get into designing your own patterns then this book helps with that. It teaches how to use circular needles and there are so many designs it just makes you want to. I am starting out with knitting and desidning my own hats and this book is perfect for that.
Fully recommended and a very good read as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars hat heads, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: HatHeads (Paperback)
What a fantastic little book, very well put together & easy to follow. Love the story behind the hats. Dont think twice about this book get it.

2.0 out of 5 stars HatHeads, 31 Dec. 2012

HatHeads
HatHeads by Trond Anfinnsen (Paperback - 9 Jun. 2011)