Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 December 2010
I have an 8 year old daughter who loves drawing. She had started to draw Manga style characters due to her love of this kind of animation on tv. I bought her this book for Christmas and she adores it. She started using it straight away and has done some pretty good drawings from it, even making some things up herself.

There is a lot more in the book than I thought when I purchased it, it really is brilliant, a lot of different characters and styles, with pictures and text to help improve as they go along.

I will be buying her some more books over time, but this was great as a starting point and she can't put it down.
on 4 August 2011
Although a little old-fashioned, this book provides a great solid foundation in drawing. Chris Hart's instructions are easy to understand and produce good results, with very useful notes throughout on how to give your drawings a professional and realistic edge. Many subjects and styles are covered, so a fantastic guide for anyone who wants a reference for all kinds of manga drawing.
on 18 December 2015
Brilliant book. Read lots of reviews and people seemed to be a fan of Chris Hart. Well I'm not disapointed. Easy to follow, step by step images to build up face, body and poses. Nice section on animal (cats, dogs, unicorn and so on). The book seems to move from simpler faces and bodies to more advanced, sort of professional style images. All the girls/women are normal looking (as far as manga goes) none are "sexy". There is also a section about perspectives for your backgrounds, although it doesn't go into much detail on this it gets you started looking and understanding that perspective is important. I brought this for my 12 year old daughter and it's a perfect beginners book to get you started drawing the hman form and face in manga style. I don't think this is for the advanced artist, but nicely laid out, with lots of hints and tips for those who are new to art/drawing/manga style. It is exactly as the cover says 'everything you need to start drawing right away'....... Well except the pencil. I brought this via marketplace as a used book, so for the price I am over the moon with my purchase. Fingerscrossed my daughter is!
on 30 August 2012
I bought this book along with another manga book by Christopher Hart as I am a very keen manga artist.
When I had a quick flick through, I thought "This looks really easy," but when I had a go, I found it very hard. The faces are fairly easy to draw, but as you get further into the book it gradually gets harder.
This book came within three working days after I placed the order.
This book is probably better for someone more advanced than a beginner.
I would strongly recommend this book for an advanced manga artist.

Overall, this book is great for an advanced manga artist!
on 5 January 2011
Pleased with product, good detailed sketches taking you through the stages to enable you to create a complete comic illustrated picture.
on 27 May 2013
bought as a birthday present for a 14 year old girl. extremely well received, we bought one for our family too, now we can all draw beautiful Japanese cartoon characters.
on 20 April 2015
A brilliant book for the beginner in Manga illustration, goes through all the basics, which most other books on manga drawing seem to miss out, more books are needed that give all the basics such as a basic full length figure and different Eye/facial expressions, this book was also good value and easy to follow.
on 29 December 2010
this is a great book for people just starting out or who have limited natural skills. the book guides u through all aspects of manga in supportive deatil. love it
on 22 September 2013
All in all it is a very good beginners book, but I found that to find a COMPLETE overview I had to
Look at other books to find everything I needed, though I would recommend it for a first manga book
on 21 January 2012
this is a great book to have! I was given this book for christmas as i have recently got into drawing, i'm not the best drawer but even my first attempt was good. This is a perfect drawing book for beginners as you will be able to draw straight away.
I simply love it!