5.0 out of 5 stars Where's my review?
I have already written a glowing review of this inspirational book, which I have owned and used for ten years. I don't know what has happened to the review, but I repeat here that this is the best book I have seen for the serious collage artist, bar none. My copy is so well used and battered that I am considering buying a new one - and tearing the other one up for collage!
Published on 23 Feb 2005 by lynsey adams

2.0 out of 5 stars Good illustrations, poor textual content
Published on 22 July 2012 by z

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's my review?, 23 Feb 2005
lynsey adams "Kanga" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Collage Techniques: A Guide for Artists and Illustrators (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational..., 4 Feb 2009
I looked at a lot of collage books before settling on this one. It covers all the technique stuff, together with several 'demonstrations' but I really liked the artists work included in the books - I found these inspirational. Although I have always believed that there are no rules in collage, this book demonstrates that there are areas to be considered and discusses these well. My only regret was that being a US book, it lists only one paper manufacturer in the UK and only shows US artists (I think). I have had the book two weeks and it is already well thumbed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good illustrations, poor textual content, 22 July 2012
The illustrations in this book are good, varied and inspiring. Unfortunately the descriptions of collage methods are very general, repetitive and common sense. The overall message is be creative and experiment in ever different words. A bit more reference to design elements and how to achieve depth and incorporate a message into collages would have made this book a lot more valuable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collaging, 27 Oct 2013
Great book - fantastic instructional guide with lots of ideas. Excellent, colourful pictures and explanations making practical trials easy to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational, 25 Feb 2014
Never tried collage with watercolour and other media before so needed a really good, easy to follow guide. This is it

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable source book, 17 July 2013
I have consulted this book over and over again in the short time I have had it. It will be one of my essential source books in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fpr lovers of collage, 18 April 2013
S. D. Pickett "Sylvia pickett 'book maven" (Steyning Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
A very clear informative book. Good to refer to again and again.Very well put together. I particularly like the way that Gerald compares collage with collage on pages 104/105.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 21 July 2011
Some sections are a bit predictable and prescriptive but the book does cover the subject pretty comprehensively. I have liked other books on the subject better.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing - not very informative, 27 Oct 2012
I had expected more explanations on techniques an materials, but mainly it consists of phrases like "and of course, it s important to find a clear composition that you can use to express yourself". I think that says it all.

Collage Techniques: A Guide for Artists and Illustrators
Collage Techniques: A Guide for Artists and Illustrators by Gerald Brommer (Paperback - 18 Aug 1994)
15.99