5.0 out of 5 stars Help at last!
Published on 16 Aug 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor book
Not what I expected at all. As soon as I thought I had got into one aspect of the craft, the writer goes off on a tangent and starts promoting her own products. It seemed to me as thought the book was more about advertising her own clay etc that giving a balanced useful guide to the craft. This book will be going straight onto Ebay, while I look for a more suitable author.
Published on 17 Jun 2008 by Seasoned Traveller

5.0 out of 5 stars Help at last!, 16 Aug 1999
By A Customer
As a craft instructor and a newcomer to the delights and discouragements of polymer clay, I needed HELP! Donna's book is that help. Donna covers it ALL from the different types of poly clay and their uses to tools and techniques; from beginner to advanced. Using the instructions in the chapter "Basic Canes and Loaves" I made my first loaf, a pinwheel design and from the loaf, created a miniature quilt in polymer clay! I felt like I was truly successful.... I've a long way to go but I'll keep this book in my craft book collection & recommend it to others interested in polymer clay. It is my standard reference on polymer clay!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great all rounder, 20 Aug 2004
T. Grey "tanok8" (uk) - See all my reviews
Having dabbled with polymer clay for some years I felt I needed a boost and this book was it, a wide variety of well explained techniques and clear photos. Drawing techniques from glassworking to carving to create beautiful finished pieces and packed full of hints and tips that will start the novice on their way without the usual pitfalls, and cause even the seasoned polymer fanatic to go haring off to their craft box to try new things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Clay, 21 April 1999
By A Customer
Donna Kato comes up with some of the most inspiring ideas on using ploymer clay. This book is a must-have if your fingers are waiting to discover clay. -Linda Fry Kenzle, author of The Irresistible Bead

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for inspiration and creative techniques, 9 Jan 1998
By A Customer
If you're looking for the perfect book with clear instructions on how to complete that special project tonight, this is it! Ms. Kato shares her extensive knowledge of materials and technique in a informative and instructional way that challenges the reader to reach for the clay and create. The pictures are clear and the text concise; technical information is presented in an interesting manner, as are the critiques on the particular qualities of each clay brand. Selecting the perfect clay for a unique project is easy, and the projects included are challenging and fun to execute. This book is a winner...

5.0 out of 5 stars A guide to exciting techniques in poly clay., 22 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I worked for Donna for a number of years and was consistently impressed by her talent, and the range of media she had mastered, but with polymer clay she really hit her stride, and the projects she turns out are some of the most interesting I have ever seen. With this book she shares many of her best techniques. For polyclay workers, this is a must-have book, no kidding!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate polemer clay book!!!!, 20 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This book was the perfect thing to get me on my feet for a career in polemer clay at the ripe old age of twelve. I understood it all, and Donna Kato makes it really easy to create your own designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and inspirational!, 29 Sep 1998
By A Customer
Donna Kato has a wealth of talent that is unsurpassed by any other. This book has great step by step details and excellent photography. I love it. Just by leafing through it, you come up with a dozen ideas of your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! How to "everything" in one book., 14 Sep 1998
By A Customer
It's hard to believe that polymer clay can do all these things and that you can find the directions all in one book. The pictures are fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for helping me work with fimo....., 27 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Art of Polymer Clay: Designs and Techniques for Creating Jewelry, Pottery and Decorative Artwork (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for starters with fimo or any other clay. It is informative, and very very helpful. You learn to use fimo with confidence, and the advice about starting with simple things and progressing to harder things, is the best advice l have been given. A wonderful book to learn about a fantastic clay, and the simple instructions are easy to follow.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor book, 17 Jun 2008