5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Laugh-Out-Loud GOOD Reading!
Ms. Foster brings us the sequel to Jude's Law. Teaming with witty dialogue, excellent characters and a little bit of suspense, this one literally had me up till the crack of dawn. It was that hard to put down. I laughed, I cried, then both at the same time.

Published on 21 Sep 2006 by K. Montgomery

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Published on 18 July 2011 by Moreforlove

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Laugh-Out-Loud GOOD Reading!, 21 Sep 2006
K. Montgomery (Columbus, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Murphy's Law (Mass Market Paperback)

Ashley Miles has goals in life and no one better mess with them. The only problem is someone is trying to mess with them, but good. We met Ashley in Foster's previous title, "Jude's Law", as the sassy best friend of May. On her night cleaning job, she meets Quinton Murphy, savvy business mogul and all around heartthrob extraordinaire. Sure, she's attracted to him, but if he thinks he's getting inside her carefully erected shields, well, he's got another thing coming. She had a hard enough life with deadbeat parents and she's not about to end up like them. But how can she resist his persistent pursuit? He's wearing her down slow and steady, in tantalizingly sexy ways. Amongst the steam and starry eyes though, a killer has his eye on Ashley. The tragic cloud hanging over from Jude's past has set new sights on her and the killer is determined to make her pay for her interference. With her life literally on the line, Ashley and Quinton will go through trials no couple should ever see. Will their relationship survive the onslaught?

A long anticipated sequel, "Murphy's Law" panned out to be all it promised and much more. Ashley was a favorite character of mine from the previous installment and Quinton was a definite eye-catcher. Their dialogue throughout is fast paced, snappy and downright hilarious. Ashley alone could fill pages and pages of dialogue by herself--she is that vivid. Quinton is a man that knows how to plan a seduction and any woman would love to be his prey. Smart, genuinely caring and hot, hot, hot, he's the perfect man. Like Ashley, he's not without his little secrets, but once they were revealed, I only loved him more. Characters from the first book make an appearance. Jude and May's relationship is solidified. Denny (Jude's fighting trainer) is back and still training the seemingly deadbeat Tim into a human fit for living. It's an all around, wonderful read, not one to be missed. Absolutely brilliant, Ms. Foster! It's a keeper for me, one I'm certain to revisit again.

K. Montgomery

Official Reviewer for The Mystic Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 April 2007
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Murphy's Law (Mass Market Paperback)
This was my second Lori Foster book, (I first read Judes Law), I have to say I enjoyed this book more than I did the first one. The storyline was a bit more detailed and I think the characters of Ashley and Quinton were more likeable. It was a really good storyline and the love story angle to it was really good as well.

If you like Lori Foster I would most definately reccommend reading this. I will most definately read it again at some point.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 14 Feb 2012
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Murphy's Law (Kindle Edition)
its been quite a while since i read "jude's law" so couldnt remember the back story but its doesnt really affect your understanding. the book is able to be read as a stand alone book. Its the story of ashley and quinton and its hilarious from the start. great chemistry between them. couldnt put it down!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Murphy's Law (Kindle Edition)
When I first read the cover of the book, I was preparing myself for another delightful story to curl up with my cup of tea. The idea of the book was good the storyline was flowing but I loathed the characters especially Ashley Miles. Many of the times when I was reading the book I rolled my eyes at her got frustrated and irritated with her because she was a selfish selfcentered character who loves to see her as a victim of life. Everything is a reason to pick a fight, she does not appreciate the care and tenderness she recieves from others and her obsession with independence is to the point that she looks like an idiot. That made me practically hate her as an independent woman myself. Whereas I found Quinton a complete push-over, he apologises to everything he does and does not own up to his principles when dealing with Ashley's tantrums. I finished the book because i paid for it I might as well read it but honestly, the characters were weak and irritating to the extreme. I do not mean to be disrespectful to the author she has a great way of writing in a very clean way but the characters were not realistic, no one puts up with a personality like Ashley and no woman would take a push-over of a man seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Murphy's Law (Kindle Edition)
I've just finished reading this on my kindle and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's one of those rare finds that you just can't put down and I found myself lost in the story for hours.

ARRAY(0xa39e5c54)

Murphy's Law
Murphy's Law by Lori Foster (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan 2007)
4.17