5.0 out of 5 stars had to put the book down halfway

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Published on 23 Dec 2011 by xyz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars had to put the book down halfway, 2 Mar 2014
I had to put the book down halfway as I had gotten so invested in the happiness of our two main characters that when things were going too wrong for them; I couldn't see a way out for them, and so I had to leave for a cuppa tea... But then I got right back into the thick of things and thoroughly enjoyed how the inevitable happy ending came about. Clearly the genius of Cheryl Bolen that can transport a reader so completely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bride wore blue, 23 Sep 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it had romance and intrigue enough to keep you reading until the last page, which I certainly did.

Ms Bolen writes a good story, my one criticism is that her editing is not the best and her story has quite a few editing mistakes which would be eliminated with proof reading, because of this I have given 4 stars, for what could of been a 5 star rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 23 Dec 2011
I bought this book on the strength of the 5 star review above and really regretted it. Neither of the main characters are particularly likeable, and the only reason they don't get together straight away is the heroine's snobbery. However the real problem with the book is the pace, you read for ages and ages yet nothing in particular happens and we just get given detailed descriptions of balls and clothes which are just boring. The author obviously gets bored too and begins to invent random events (an elopement, an evil villain) that have nothing much to do with the romance between the lead characters.

The writing could also use some work, it's full of long winded different ways to describe the same character such as the raven haired beauty did this and then the dark-eyed vixen did that, or some such.

I've read loads of historical romance and there are many much better stories out there where the authors take time to craft believable characters with a touching romance. Suggest you give this one a miss.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy read, 30 Dec 2013
This book is an easy read if a little silly that a man would fall madly in love with a women he meet once when he was young injured and in a lot of pain but sometimes easy reads are good

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 23 Mar 2014
I found the story both relaxing and intriguing. The conel got his just desserts and am glad that Thomas was rewarded

5.0 out of 5 stars The bride wore blue, 30 Dec 2013
I think this is an excellent book and I loved Thomas I fell in love with him as well. More please cheryl

3.0 out of 5 stars Holiday read., 27 Jun 2014
An ok holiday book, but very much on the Barbara Cartland mode. If you like that sort of book. Ok

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read overall., 14 Dec 2013
Although a fairly obvious plot, this moves at a good place and contemporary details are convincing, the dialogue is a bit lumpen and the emotional life of the heroine is really tiresome! That said, this is worth reading and I enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bride wore blue, 28 Nov 2013
Fantastic book plenty of love and romance.the kind of book you don't want to put down but you don't want to end it had me hooked from the first page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching romance, 25 Nov 2013
With a hero you could die for a beautiful romance. Will be getting more of cheryl 's books.Loved the way the story developed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Bride Wore Blue (Zebra Ballad Historical Romance: The Brides of Bath)
The Bride Wore Blue (Zebra Ballad Historical Romance: The Brides of Bath) by Cheryl Bolen (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Jan 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01