5.0 out of 5 stars MOST EXCELLENT! IT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING!
THIS BOOK HAS SO MANY TWISTS AND TURNS! IT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING THE OUTCOME AFTER EVERY CHAPTER. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. THE LOVELY BACKDROP OF MAUI ADDED TO THE AMBIANCE OF THE STORY. I LOVED THE CHARACTERS AND THE WAY THE LOVE BETWEEN GREG AND LUCKY DEVELOPED. I AM AN ANIMAL LOVER AS WELL WHICH ALSO ADDED A VERY WARM ELEMENT TO THE STORY. KEEP IT UP, MERYL!
Published on 25 Feb 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many unanswered questions
Published on 19 Feb 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars MOST EXCELLENT! IT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING!, 25 Feb 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many unanswered questions, 19 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This book was okay, except there was just too many unanswered questions and an empty storyline. What was with Lucky's behavior right after the accident, what was with the bleached blonde hair, how did Tony Trayler fall into the picture, why did all these men love Lucky if she was such a terrible person? There are more questions, I could go on and on, but I won't. I started this book hoping it would be as good as Tempting Fate (which is a must read, by the way) but was disappointed. I think I will forget this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous story, very innovative, 7 Aug 1998
By A Customer
I bought this book because of the intriguing cover, but as I read the story I became totally captivated. Logan McCord is out training a Search and Rescue dog when he discovers a woman, trapped in a car, near death. He rescues her and she awakens, unable to recall her name. I was expecting another of those amnesia stories. Even so the plot still had me capitivated. I was in for a surprise. This story was more real life than most books. The woman has a head injury and will never remember her name or the past. The mystery unfolds and we discover someone wants her dead, but without a clue to whoshe really is "Lucky" (because she's lucky to be alive) is in trouble. You guessed it! Logan is the man to help her. This book has it all. Romance, sensuality, enough twists and turns to keep you up all night reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 28 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I actually stumbled upon Unforgettable at our local library. I am thankful I did. The story was captivating early on when the hero, Greg Braxton, and his Search and Rescue dog, Dodger, find a bleach blonde barely alive in a wrecked car at the bottom of a ravine during a powerful electrical storm. Why she is wearing mis-matched shoes begins the great mystery.
I didn't give Unforgettable 5 stars for three reasons. First, there seemed to be some loose ends. Some of the babbling Lucky says just after Greg rescues her isn't really cleared up at the end. Second, Lucky seems to vascilate between being super strongwilled (when she cares for the shark) and super meek (when she apologizes for hurting people). Too much of a swing for me. And finally, Meryl Sawyer does a wonderful job building up to a climatic finish, but then leads you through the big blowout scene second handed. It would have been nice to live through all the punches with Lucky.
All in all it was a pretty entertaining story.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 15 April 1998
By A Customer
it a book quite interesting..i would recomended it to every one

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better books I have read recently., 26 Mar 1998
By A Customer
This is by far, the best romance I have read in quite some time. Some of the more famous romantic suspense authors publish a new book every year and they begin to sound the same. This book made me go back to the book store and look through the shelves for other well written themes. Her next book, the Hideaway was extremely disappointing. I am hopeful that Meryl Sawyer will write another great book that is at the very least equal to "Unforgettable".

4.0 out of 5 stars Not unforgettable, but pretty darn good., 23 Mar 1998
By A Customer
Perhaps if Zebra spent as much on publicity as it did on *Unforgettable's* expensive dual-image cover, Meryl Sawyer would rack up the sales of fellow romantic-suspense authors Nora Roberts and Karen Robards. Certainly she deserves the readership for books that take troubled characters and throw them into circumstances that draw them together.

In *Unforgettable*, Greg Braxton is on a training run with his search-and-rescue dog when they find a car wrecked in a ravine, its
female passenger bleeding from a head wound. The woman turns out to be suffering from a form of amnesia. Not only can she not remember
her name, but even the body reflected in her mirror -- bleached frizzy hair and the wardrobe of a hooker -- is that of a stranger.

Greg is attracted to the woman he nicknames Lucky, but having suffered through one marriage with a cheating wife, he's unwilling
to enter into a relationship with a woman whose morals seem questionable, to say the least. The evidence mounts against Lucky when the car she wrecked turns out to be stolen, and she's linked to an obnoxious local politician. Nonetheless, when a man shows up claiming to be Lucky's husband, Greg finds himself more anxious to protect her than push her away.

Amnesia plots have got to rank among romance novel's most trite. But Sawyer's complex, well-drawn characters bring a freshness even to a soap-opera staple. *Unforgettable* isn't as, well, unforgettable as Sawyer's *A Kiss in the Dark* or *The Hideaway*, but it's definitely a cut above most books in this overcrowded genre.

ARRAY(0xa8d1fa5c)

Unforgettable (Zebra romantic suspense)
Unforgettable (Zebra romantic suspense) by Meryl Sawyer (Mass Market Paperback - 18 April 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01