Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 12 December 1997
While I loved the first part of "LOVE'S CHARAFE", I found myself wishing the book ended there. As I continue to read Danielle proved herself to be the most spoiled, reckless, foolhardy, stubborn heroine I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. While Justin proved to be the perfect husband, we learned the Danny wasn't to be trust to keep her word, and that we can never expect her to stand by his side when he needed her. I thought Justin was too tolerant to her stupid actions - and I couldn't believe that in 1971 there was to be found a husband that allowed his wife so much freedom. Danielle had betrayed his trust and took advantage of his understanding and I just couldn't fined it in my heart to like her when she NEVER thought about her child or her husband. All she could think about was her freedom to do as she want. To my great surprised - when I finely finished the book - there was nothing that could have convinced me that Danielle really loved her family - she was too egoistic for that. One other thing : I have found it tedious that I had to miss what was said in French - As I didn't understand a word that was said - and a lot was said in French..
on 12 April 1999
I adored this book! I read it for the first time two years ago and have since re-read it once every couple of months. The age difference between the characters is handled so well that I felt it enhanced the love story rather than detract from it. So many romance novels portray marriages with large age gaps as horrific ones in which wives suffered abuse, neglect, oppression or worse. It was refreshing to see a novel that positively portrayed what was an inescapable historical reality for the eighteenth century. Brava Ms. Feather! You have created a wonderfully spirited and independant heroine and given her a man mature enough to appreciate and understand her strenghth and drive instead bieng threatened to the point of unreasonable domination, as I believe a younger man of the period would have been. This is a thoughtful and deep novel with many levels. It is not a light read but a wonderfully touching one that reminds me, particularly after reading one of Ms.Feather's more current 'light' novels, why I love the author enough to buy her with no additional endorsment but the name Jane Feather on the cover.
on 16 July 2002
After a long time I have enjoyed reading a book that has been able to describe the surrounding and not just concentrate on the characters. After reading Francis Burney and Georgette Heyer, no present author is able to lay the setting.
I enjoyed Danny's character. I would recommend this book as one of Ms. Feather's excellent reads.
on 14 December 1997
Also Justin and Danny are are charming, I couldn't get past the fact that while Danny was 17, Justin was 34. To add to this - a year before Danny was born, Justin was the lover of Danny's mother. Till the end I kept thinking that he will tern up to be Danny's father!!!! It was just too much for me.
on 7 June 2016
Thought I was just going to indulge in brain candy for a few hours, but was delightfully surprised by the historical information referencing the revolution, really enjoyed this book on all levels