5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen Mary 2, 16 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Queen Mary 2: The Greatest Ocean Liner of Our Time (Hardcover)
What a superb book!
As a member of the QM2's crew, this book in my mind is not only an accurate account of the vessel's maiden year but also a complete index of knowledge about the ship.
The photography is amazing and the atmostphere of life onboard the liner is really captured.
A must for any past or future passenger or crew member or anybody interested in this outstanding liner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen Mary 2, 15 May 2004
By A Customer
As a crew member of the QM2 throughout her nameing ceremony and maiden voyage, I found this book not only precise but a facinating read.
The photography is amazing and really puts across the atmosphere of this wonderful liner.
This book is a must for any former / prospective passenger or crew member of the QM2 or anybody interested in this large piece of maritime history.

5.0 out of 5 stars A General Synopsis Of The Latest Ocean Queen, 13 Jan 2005
Mr. N. F. Barnes "nigel792" (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having purchased a copy of this book at Waterstone's in Bristol, from the minute I took it home to read I was fascinated by the outline as given by the author and the photographer of the occasion. Some interesting shots covering the construction of the new liner and a glorious centrefold of the ship anchored of Vigo in Spain make for compulsive reading. Many people in the United Kingdom and certainly in America have not yet heard about the Queen Mary 2, and should she visit L.A. in the coming months then the quayside should expect to be inundated by thousands of new admirers all curious and expectant enquiring further knowledge of the ship. Some American citizens were G.I. brides emigrating to the States on the original Queen Mary, this could come as a surprise to those who are still connected with ocean travel. The new generation of marine travellers should become well-acquainted with QM2 as she commences her career, and a "QM2 fan club" will no doubt be set up in appreciation of her. Innovations included comprise a planetarium, believed to be the first one ever installed aboard an ocean liner, interactive T.V. the next thing down from cabin to cabin computerisation, an internet room equipped with lap-top terminals, and a spa pool with waterfall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a Xmas Present, 25 Nov 2011
I have bought this book as a xmas present for my parents who travelled on the QM2 for the first time this year, and loved it. I am pleased with the book and it met my expectations in terms of size, pictures and text. I hope my parents like it.

Queen Mary 2: The Greatest Ocean Liner of Our Time
Queen Mary 2: The Greatest Ocean Liner of Our Time by John Maxtone-Graham (Hardcover - 7 April 2004)
Used & New from: £8.99