Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 21 November 2003
First - a confession.
I own a Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic centenary edition motorcycle, and I love it to bits. The Heritage Softail is one of Willy G's most successful designs which helped save the H-D company from going bankrupt. As he says in the book "There's nothing like hitting a Home Run when you really need one".
So, for me - Willy G can do no wrong.
This book is a fantastic chronology of the first 100 years of Harley-Davidson. What makes this book stand out from the dozens of other H-D books is the personal touch from Willy G who is a very likeable character. Family photos and anecdotes, plus his insider view of the motor company provide the reader with a unique insight.
Great photos if classic H-D bikes - they're all there, Glides, Sportsters, Softails, etc. Even the ugly V-ROD gets a mention!
There's a place on every biker's coffee table for this book. It will provide many years of enjoyment - I just wish that I will be around for the 200th anniversary edition.
Keep on ridin'....
on 22 February 2004
This book was a gift from my kid - When I opened it I was blown away... it really is a beautiful book. I knew that Willie G had produced the book but frankly I never gave it a second thought I just figured it for another Harley book "over priced and over here". How wrong I was - this is a real masterpiece and I turn each page carefully in case I should crease it accidentally.
What a book - a must for Harley lovers...
on 10 October 2004
For a Harley Fan this is a must buy book. I paid full price for mine and I have no regrets. If you can get it for less good luck to you. It really is beautifully produced with many new photos I have not seen before. It's biased towards Willie G's own view as you would expect and that if nothing else makes it stand out from the crowd of books on that most famous of marques.
on 8 February 2010
Firstly this book is beautifully bound and the embossed logo on the front make this a real coffee table piece! There is a good balance of history in here, and some great stories that left me wanting to find out more (a good thing). The period pictures really make it worth owning, its great to see the proud riders with their machines.
on 11 January 2016
Bought this for my Husband as part of his Christmas present. He absolutely loves it. Pictures are fantastic and some that he has never see before. Did you know that Harley-Davidson made a tandem?.
on 17 December 2015
great gift..took a while to get here but worth the wait ..condition was great.
on 28 May 2015
One of the best books i have on Harley`s some great photos