4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book
This is a great book for slightly older children (age 7 and up). My children, aged 7 and 8, love it ! There is always one page of text, one page illustration, one page text...The illustrations are very funny.

Published 1 month ago by Schneekloth

2.0 out of 5 stars adoption
Was really looking forward to reading this book. However was disappointed how old fashioned and wordy it was. Still a book worth reading through.
Published 12 months ago by Sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Why Was I Adopted?: Facts of Adoption with Love and Illustrations (Paperback)

It starts with similarities (we are all people, we all have two eyes), then moves on to general differences (eye/hair colour), talks about birthparents and that some children can't stay with them and the reasons. It describes the process of adoption and adoptive parents and then covers common questions adopted children have (I can't remember my birthparents. Is that okay? Does an adoption cost a lot of money? Can people pick out their child?..).

The book is very positive and manages to talk about serious and often sad things in a light-hearted manner. However, it conveys a lot of information and manages to make the child feel good about who they are.

I liked the part about birthparents so much, I put parts of it into my childrens' life story books.

There is one downer though. With the exception of one Asian child, everyone in the book is white.

2.0 out of 5 stars adoption, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Why Was I Adopted? (Hardcover)

Why Was I Adopted?: Facts of Adoption with Love and Illustrations
Why Was I Adopted?: Facts of Adoption with Love and Illustrations by Carole Livingston (Paperback - Jan 1995)
Used & New from: 2.99