5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could want to teach you about HDR
I bought this book when there were no reviews, so just had to hope for the best, and I was very pleased with my choice.
I'm studying for a foundation degree in professional photography at college and bought the book as I was doing a project on HDR Imaging and needed to master the subject quite quickly, as well as use it for my written research.
The book starts...
Published on 10 Oct. 2008 by V. L. Marsh

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
I bought this book from Amazon recently and I'm extremely disappointed with it. The tutorial is fairly good as far as I can tell but the quality of the images and the printing leaves a lot to be desired. I found that I was put off reading much of it because the pictures were so uninspiring. Like I said (disappointed)
Published on 18 Jan. 2009 by James Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could want to teach you about HDR, 10 Oct. 2008
V. L. Marsh (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mastering HDR Photography: Combining Technology and Artistry to Create High Dynamic Range Images (Paperback)
The book starts off with loads of in-depth technical information about light and dynamic range, which was great for me, but might seem a bit daunting for some people. Then it tells you how to actually take the HDR image and put it together in a variety of different software programs. I prefer to use Adobe Photoshop CS3 but you need to buy the tone-mapping plug-in to get the full effect (it's not very expensive, especially with student discount!). It then talks in depth about tone-mapping and finishes with some case studies.
All in all, very informative with some (fairly) good images and diagrams. I would recommend it to anybody who would like to learn more about HDR Imaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars HDRi Explained, 22 Jan. 2009
Will (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
As a relative newcomer to HDRi I was looking for a book that would kick-start the learning curve, and since I already have several books written by Mr. Freeman, this one seemed the obvious choice.

It is a superb book, no doubt about that. The first couple of Chapters are a bit overwhelming and maybe a bit to "Techy", but perservere, I,ve found in the past that one read is rarely sufficient, it is a very good reference book, the advantage being, that you can go back and read various sections and chapters time and again, and there,s no shame in doing that. Keep this book close at hand, trust the information inside it, and I doubt if you,ll be disappointed.

A word of caution, This book is not for the absolute beginer, with a few years experience under your belt, it has to be on the bookshelf. I,m inclined to buy another book and compare the two.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 8 Jan. 2011
Mr. Paul A. Postle "POSTLE" (Kingston upon Scooter) - See all my reviews
I've been a professional photographer for over twenty years. I know all the old school stuff, but need help on the things like HDR. I wholly recommend any books written by Michael Freeman. They are well researched and edited. Written in a style that does not need constant reviewing or re reading. I would say that to get the full benefit of this you would need to have a grasp of the basics of digital photography and know your way around photoshop. Michael Freeman has those books covered as well. I lecture at a London University and these nooks are my first recommendation to undergraduate students. You can pick them up and return to them for reference when needed. Thoroughly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 18 Jan. 2009
James Wilson "Jim" (UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 13 Nov. 2012
The book is ok but the title for me, was misleading. I was expecting a book that uses HDR in a artistic way but found it to be just another book on HDR techniques.

Used & New from: £1.65