4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable
A very enjoyable read. The book deals with intricate subjects of emotion and does so in a personal and engaging manner.
Published on 13 July 2010 by Mystery Moose

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but self indulgent
It is important to draw on one's own experiences when writing a book on this subject, but the author goes over the top, particularly when discussing her father. Nevertheless, there are useful insights here from an influential author.
Published 12 months ago by alison higson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 13 July 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but self indulgent, 16 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A philosophical work, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: When Species Meet (Posthumanities) (Paperback)
This is a great book. I love animals so am biased when it comes to reading about them. But this is a different kind of read. In a word, this is philosophy, of which I am also a big fan. So, again, I am biased. I love how the author presents her position on the human objectification of animals. We need to take a greater stand on this as a human race, but again, this is the philosopher in me and my love of animals taking over. If you are not into animals, it is still a wonder piece of profound thinking, and will inspire you to question your beliefs, values, etc. The only thing that sort of made me sneer was the over use in my opinion of difficult discourse applied throughout. I found myself having to stop and think about what she meant at times, not for the short story reader. I also found myself thinking of how she could have said the same thing more easily.

When Species Meet (Posthumanities)
When Species Meet (Posthumanities) by Donna J. Haraway (Paperback - 26 Nov 2007)