Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 9 February 2009
The book is very good.It is exaustive and the language in it is easy understandable even by non-english speakers.Images,schemes and photographs are very accurate and,therefore,very useful.The book can be used for preparation of any biology exam in your university career.It is a needful book for your first biology exam and for further study in matter of biology.I suggest this book to all medical students and to all people who want to master an upper level of biology.
on 16 January 2011
This a wonderfully clearly written book. It provides the fundamentals of cell biology and stimulates many questions that help to expand understanding. It comes with a DVD with diagrams and animations that are not so easy to get working and are tricky to access. Also there are extra chapters on the DVD which cover further advanced topics. The first three chapters are an excellent review of basic molecular biology. Subsequent chapters are reasonably up to date and cover a wide range of topics in some depth. There are questions at the end of each chapter that are thought provoking and can be used to test your understanding of the topics covered. Some questions require you to think out of the box - ergo stimulating. If you are working on your own through this book the questions are a great help in checking your level of understanding. There is a companion book which provides answers to the questions which if used judiciously offers wonderful insights into the most exciting area of science at the start of the 21st century. I am so happy to have discovered a gem of a book in Molecular Biology of the Cell.
on 3 February 2012
Im currently in my second year of a Microbiology degree and this book was recommended as one of the core reading materials. I've read 4 chapters already and the book does help to grasp the timeline and information of what we know of genes thus far. It's written straight forward, has good flow plus the diagrams are perfect for me (visual learner). Would recommend this for anyone who has a basic understanding of biology, maybe college level/1st year of a degree, and wants to really dig into DNA, genetics, protein synthesis etc.
Not your typical boring biochem textbook.
on 20 February 2012
Book goes into great depth about cell structure, function, biology. Good for degree level work. Anything you need to know about the cell is in this book. Recommended.m
on 29 December 2010
If you really have to learn cell biology, buy this book. It can be hard to read, but just take your time and use the figures, and you'll learn everything. This is the best cell biology book I've ever read or seen.
on 2 August 2015
I'm not studying biology, but I got this book after watching a TV programme about the inner working of the cell. This textbook is interesting and easy to read, and I've learned a lot about ribosomes and enzymes and the wonders of evolution. Recommended.
on 20 October 2014
I am a Biomedical Science student and purchased this book and this is way beyond I have expected. Excellent delivery! Good parcel packaging and it has enormous information which any Medical Science Student or any Science related course students need. My only concern with this book is its cover. I know that this is only a paperback version but the front and back cover of the book aren't hard enough and tend to have folds in it. But content wise, I recommend this book to everyone as you can still use this book throughout your whole course.
on 2 November 2014
I got his as it was a recommended text for my cell biology module of the degree, and I have found this really helpful since I got it. The book is very detailed and provides diagrams to help illustrate some points. Also the disk is very useful as it contains images that you could pint off and use yourself, or that you could use in your essays or projects.
on 12 September 2014
A very good book recommended by my university lecturers. Very well laid out so it doesn't feel too clustered like a lot of other books can sometimes feel - it doesn't feel like there's too much being fit onto one page. The diagrams are great and I sometimes get lost in reading other things instead of doing the work that's intended. I just find it to be one of the pleasant books that I don't mind reading when I'm told that are extra reading chapters are in it.
on 3 October 2014
I am a computer scientist who is about to start a bioinformatics course. I've read only the first 300 pages so far and I am very happy - I gained an in-depth understanding of many concepts. I have never felt so affection towards a textbook before - I recommend it greatly.