5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Reassuring
Published on 12 Jun 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but doesn't offer much practical advice
I read this book primarily to see if there were any ways I could help a friend overcome their anxiety (they had just finished reading this book and suggested it to me), but also to see if there were any techniques that might be useful in helping me relax a bit more when driving.

Published 5 months ago by CoffeeandCake

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Reassuring, 12 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
A genuinely helpful and practical book. If you're a little tired of all the in-your-face self-help books with wacky titles and unlikely promises, then this - refreshingly - does what it says on the cover. The plan of action it offers does need a degree of commitment. But its worth reading anyway for the reassuring, calmly explained advice. It helped me to travel to Australia - an ambition that I had delayed for 10 years due to anxiety and panic attacks. (I used this book in conjunction with 'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway' Susan Jeffers).

4.0 out of 5 stars really helpful, 12 July 2006
Jl Warren (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for over 6 years, and as most sufferers, have developed many excuses as to why I cant do things in order to avoid an attack. I bought this book along with the Linden method and anything else which assured me I could be cured. What sets this book apart from the rest is that it is so easy to read, the reader can tackle things when they are ready and revisit things as necessary. This book helped me to realise that only I can change the way I react to situations and although it is really hard and sometimes I struggle and revert to my negative thoughts, I am slowly beginning to reclaim my life again. I am starting to do things that I used to enjoy but have stopped myself from enjoying due to the fear of an attack or something horrible happening to me. I wanted to write this review for all those people who are feeling like I did and sometimes still do and want something, anything to help them. This book really is the start of that much needed help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overcoming Panic Book, 3 Feb 2009
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
Overcoming Panic: I bought this a few months ago to help myself and it is one of the best books I know in helping someone overcome their fears. Thoroughly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but doesn't offer much practical advice, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)

The book was...fine. I didn't learn much from it except to focus more on breathing, but it might help other people more. At times the writing was a bit unhelpful (e.g. in telling you to relax before bed it just advised you not to think about your worries - easier said than done! - rather than offering advice on how to do this).

I've since read 'Panic Attacks: What they are, why the happen, and what you can do about them' by Christine Ingham was would definitely suggest Ingham's book over 'Overcoming Panic'.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
Mainly just goes on about how other people experience panic not really dealing with how to over come it! It was ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars RECCOMMENDED BY MY CONSULTANT PSYCHOLOGIST, 13 Aug 2013
Tonya Craig (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
Great book - very helpful, easy to read and return to if necessary. Highly recommended for anyone who needs guidance in panic attacks and anxiety

5.0 out of 5 stars Overcoming Panic, 6 Sep 2014
Lj Richardson "gar128" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
Gave this to a relative which helped them a great deal.I had this book years ago but purchased this again to help them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth a read, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Overcoming Series) (Paperback)
This method was very informative and helped thoroughly with my situation along with private CBT, highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Overcoming Panic (Paperback)
It was ok, talked a lot about agoraphobia which i don't have...

Overcoming Panic (Overcoming Series)
Overcoming Panic (Overcoming Series) by Silove Man (Paperback - 1 Jun 2001)
Used & New from: £9.99