4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent method (not too much new info compared to the previous edition), 5 Jun. 2013
Culture Enthusiast (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches (Paperback)
I purchased the previous edition of Get Clients Now! years ago and I found it very valuable. It provides a clear path of what to do if you are selling services (not physical products). The book focuses on the 6 strategies that you should focus on (direct contact and follow up, networking, etc), the tactics and works like a recipe book (you choose the ingredients of your marketing plan according to the step of the marketing life cycle that requires more attention). It is easy to understand and if you stick with it is very effective. There are also free resources you can download (like the worksheet).

I did not give 5 stars to the latest edition as I was expecting more. It adds just a few info on social media, but it is very basic and not something that you cannot find by browsing the internet. If you do not have the previous edition this book is 5 stars and HIGHLY recommended, but if you have the previous edition this is 90% a photocopy of the old one with very few additions. In all honesty if you have the previous edition stick to it and save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kickstart Book!!, 24 May 2013
Andy (Old Basing, England) - See all my reviews
My consulting is pretty niche (investment bank and private equity acquisitions) but ALL the principles in this book apply to getting business in my area!! In the first week of only partially applying the very straightforward programme I generated 3 very strong leads totalling around £125k in consulting fees (I'm not cheap!).

With hindsight I was floundering and very haphazard in my marketing before I got this book but it really hammers home the basics which we all should know but don't really think about. In truth the templates are a bit clunky by today's digital standards.... but they WORK! In fact their very simplicity probably helped me focus more on the resulting actions than playing around with the technology which is a good thing.

Highly recommended - but make sure you get edition 3 just out - only an extra couple ££ but more up to date on references, links etc. Also Kindle version for me is best, read on an Ipad so can click direct on URL hotlinks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Feb. 2015
Really informative. I have yet to put strategies into practice, but I'm looking forward to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets you Doing!, 16 May 2013
Was recommended this book by my coach and now I can see why.
Waited the couple of weeks for the new edition which came out at the beginning of this month earlier than expected which was fab. Still only a third of the way through the book, however it has already spurred me on instead of just thinking about what I should/could be doing, I am now doing it. So new clients make your way to my door, I am ready for you.
Thanks CJ Hayden, Huge amount of information in a very ordered but humorous way.

4.0 out of 5 stars ....I DID!!!, 13 Oct. 2013
IT REALLY HELPED ME TO PUT MY BUSINESS ACTIONS IN THE CORRECT ORDER....
AND BUILD THE PROPER FUTURE STEPS.
A MUST FOR ANYONE WHOS IS SELF EMPLOYED.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 13 Oct. 2013
I have purchased all editions, followed them and think the system is so good. I absolutely recommend it without reservation.