Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 December 2002
Latin Via Ovid provides a great first course for people who wish to learn Latin. Each chapter includes a simplified piece of Latin from Ovid for translation followed by all the new grammar needed for that translation. The course is followed with extensive notes summarising the grammar, essential for quick reference, as well as a quick study of Latin meter and some charts to help with understanding Roman history and mythology.
on 14 November 2009
Do I dare to say it? As a teenager I studied latin at school, four years. But did I really study? I didn't learn (and remember) a thing. Laudamus, laudamini-that's it.

I thought this would be a great way to re-educate myself and mind that memory gap. :-)

I still think so but I must admit even though I've got these books (both the textbook and workbook), I didn't start with the project and the books are waiting for me on my bookshelf. However, that is my fault, nothing wrong with the books, I 'd buy them again knowing what I do. ;-)