5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading - I got stuck to this book!
I can't believe I'm the first person to review this book!

It's a shame that this book hasn't found a wider audience. I have seen this book positioned in book shops as a 'business' book. But it's actually a book that is appropriate for absolutely anyone who wants to know how to create more compelling messages. You could be a teacher who wants to make your...
Published on 12 Sep 2008 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ~ doesn't say anything new
I really wanted to like this book, I'd heard good things about it. But for me, it fails to deliver. The authors identify a number of traits that make ideas 'sticky', but then spend way too much space on each of these areas without adding much value. Most of the content seemed to either be common sense or a repeat of anecdotes, stories and obsevations that you'll have seen...
Published on 18 Sep 2008 by M. Donohoe

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will stop you in your tracks, 7 Feb 2010
H. Hopkins (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Ignore the slightly uninviting text layout and get stuck into this book. Brilliantly structured and written, it contains enough gems to last a business lifetime. Like all great works, it's simple but effective and makes use of fascinating anecdotes to back up the messages. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 12 Jan 2010
Mr. S. P. Lockyer "mrlockyer" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really good book, well written and full of excellent examples. It explains how to make a message, either commercially or educationally, and package it to be passed on and utilised. The chapters are easy, clear and well-constructed. Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use in Practice - And to Teach, 10 Nov 2009
As a professional trainer, I'm always looking for techniques to improve my own delivery, and there is lots in this to help. But the content is also a valuable tool in itself, e.g. for when I'm training academics in how to communicate their research to a non-specialist audience.

The book is aimed at a very wide audience, expressly including business, advertising and teaching. This alone makes it very appealing. It present the material around a simple acronym: SUCCES: Simple, Unexpected, Concrete, Credible, Emotional, Stories. Each one of these elements gets a chapter to itself, with a wrapper chapter at either end, and then what is essentially three appendices added to this edition of advice for developing strategy, teaching, and un-sticking ideas.

And it is all written in an accessible, non-jargon style (despite my worst fears from the name of at least one of the authors!).

This is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Communications Book In Ages, 30 Oct 2007
This is the best book I have read on communications and how to make them engage with their audiences since "Perfect Pitch". Superb, with great examples and actionable, intelligent, credible advice. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Sep 2014
Bought as a gift from a wish list

5.0 out of 5 stars So sticky I couldn't put it down!, 3 Mar 2014
Thought provoking stuff from chip and dan. Full of useful anecdotes to bring to life their message on how to make ideas stick

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth your time., 12 Jan 2014
it is a while ago when I bought this item and have read it carefully.
Somehow I was expecting more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Preaching, 23 Mar 2013
This was recommended to us by our tutor as pre- reading for the module of our course and was an interesting read- simple to get into and quite amusing in places

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool for any communicator, 9 Jan 2011
Mr (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I would thoroughly recommend this very readable book for anybody involved in or associated with communications of any kind. It gives you a simple framework to make your communications much more effective. But be warned, people will resist your ideas so you will need to be persuasive or billigerent! A great read though and some useful and entertaining anecdotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, a masterpiece!!! Highly recomendable, 2 Nov 2009
I found this book by chance reading the blog of Garr Reynolds and it was an amazing experience. I have read it at least twice, I have underlined half of the book and I never lose an opportunity to get a quick glance.

It's full of stories, but really useful for anyone who uses powerpoint or gives a presentation every now and then. In fact I am a pharmacist, but it has been crucial in my way of delivering lectures. It is the best book about IDEAS and how they "stick" you could choose.

Don't miss the SUCCESs rule!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›