Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 August 2015
I took this book on holiday with me recently and couldn't put it down. If you haven't read any books on the history of pirates before this is a great place to start. It's highly readable and covers the "Golden age of piracy" when rogues like Blackbeard and Bartholomew Roberts terrorised the Atlantic. It dispels a lot of the myths surrounding the pirates, though the truth is more fascinating than the fiction. A great read.
on 11 February 2014
I bought this book for my brother for Christmas and he has told me that he thoroughly enjoyed it. A well researched book full of facts and not myths, if you want a reliable account of life as a pirate, my brother recommends it.
on 2 February 2012
Never read anything about pirates before so can't judge on the veracity. Given that I enjoyed reading it and felt more in tune with the pirate world which is exactly why I bought it.
on 13 July 2013
Haven't finished it but clearly sets out the myths and truths of pirates, buccaneers etc in a flowing narrative.
Great stories and writing, really enjoyed it
on 28 July 2014
Great book. If you are interested in pirates, this is a great place to start. I read the book in one sitting and found it highly enjoyable.
on 19 April 2016
This is a brilliant book about pirates couldn't put it down easy to read very informative recommend this to anyone interested in private
on 8 June 2015
This is a dense book and I shall need to read it again to reinforce my knowledge. It is well written and good for students.
on 1 September 2015
a nice quick read, hard to put down. which is rare for a non-fiction work of this sort.
on 1 March 2016
An excellent book. Well researched and reads well.
on 21 March 2015
Good book. Insightful and we'll written.