5.0 out of 5 stars Drake goes from strength to strength, 30 Aug 2002
David Drake continues Garric's struggle to unite the kingdoms in this fourth installment of his epic fantasy. Garric and Cashel each finds himself transported to times past and present, faced with a new threat that could mean the death of, not only Garric, but all their hopes. Ilna, meanwhile, must follow the threads to untangle this mystery and help save her friends.
With Drake's obvious affection for his characters this book is a joy to read. His masterful storytelling and fast-paced plot make this book compulsive reading. I've enjoyed this book more than any other so far and I can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drake does it again, 25 Aug 2002
This book was so good I read it cover to cover the same day. Drake continues his epic story of the adventurers from Haft with another separation of our heroes. We are taken to new places and times as they face a threat from past and future that could lead to the demise of a unified kingdom and Garric himself. We get to know more about King Carus in one of the many twists in this tale.
Drake's imagination is enviable, he plots like a master strategist and brings life and variety to his characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in the Isles saga so far, 14 Jun 2009
This is so far my favourite book in the Lord of the Isles saga. I'm finding it more captivating and interesting than the first three. It is even more adventureous and has many interesting twists, I can't wait to find out what will happen in the characters already action packed lives next!

I found the first book hard to keep up with due to there being so many different character stories to follow. However I had already bought the second book and so I decided to keep reading - otherwise I may have just gave up after the first book. I'm so glad I did because after the first book I've found the others so much easier to follow and I've found the next one is always better than the one before.

Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the Isles 4)
Mistress of the Catacombs (Lord of the Isles 4) by David Drake (Mass Market Paperback - 30 April 2004)
4.75