5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspired Read
I stumbled upon this book when I was about 10 years old and like most readers of that age, I did not fully comprehend or appreciate the depth and beauty of this book. What I do remember is the feeling it gave me when I had finished the final page-I was overwhelmed. 'Sati' is thought-provoking, challenging and timeless and is definately for the more open-minded reader.
Published on 12 Nov 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland and not very exciting
While Christopher Pike is to be thanked for trying something different, and not sticking to his usual Last Vampires and other typical horror themes, this book does not work. When an American trucker encounters a pretty young female by the roadside, he could never believe he was giving a lift to God.
This God only provides one miracle, and the whole of the book...
Published on 28 Aug 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspired Read, 12 Nov 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise and insightful.., 23 Aug 2008
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
Fantastic, the portrayal of 'God' in this gives me shivers, it's exactly how she should be, makes sense beyond religion and creed. Uplifting, life-affirming, intelligent and spiritual - the message here is so important so it's such a shame this book is so unheard off.

Anyone who reads this, please please track it down, you won't be disappointed. I got it for 35p in the used section !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic book, 21 May 2003
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
The American Amazon .com has over forty reviews of the book on its site. 39 out of the forty one reviews regarded the book as amazing, life changing, best ever. I think its better than all of this. Words are not sufficient. No need to read other religious/spiritual books. This one has it all.Had it been placed in the correct category when it first came out it would have been a huge bestseller.Only the chosen few get to read it it seems.Be one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and moving, 5 Jun 2000
C. Jackson (Stockport, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
I love this book, its so moving and well told. I find myself reading the last paragraph over and over. I 'm not a religious person but could understand the message it was trying to spell out.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most beautiful book ever written, 21 Mar 2000
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
i forst read this when i was 9, not fully understanding it, but still reallising its beauty, but now, years on, and i still dip into it, it never fails to let me step back from life, and reallise that everything has its purpose, and we just need to accept it. i loved his philosophy on how we act, and how god would relate to a ghroup of normal people as sati did. just reading it again i reallise how much one person can change anyones, and their owbn life.
one of my all time favourite books, ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars a door to new thought, 20 Nov 1999
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
this book is one of the first book's that has ever opened my eyes to the many people that populate our world and how amazing their lives may be. open it on any page and it will softly place a little peice of wisdom into your lap. a wonderful read, and promised to become a favourite when you are feeling low

5.0 out of 5 stars an odd one out..., 22 July 2004
Miss Ashley J. West "Ashley Jane" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sati (Hardcover)
'Sati' is unlike most Christopher Pike books in that it isn't a horror story, although gets into some confusing but very uplifting theories about life, a bit like his book 'The Starlight Crystal'.
This particular book is one of my favourites, not just by Christopher Pike but in general. It's beautiful and inpiring, although it's really sad too, but all in all it's great stuff so any fan of Christopher Pike especially should get it, and then everyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes u think., 2 Aug 2004
C. Seymour "Asharna" (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sati (Library Binding)
This book was unlike anything i had ever read before, it talked about theories of God and other phylosophical things without actually preaching, and was enjoyable at the same time.
This book was about a young woman named Sati, who believed she was god, she never did any miracles to show for who she is, but people believed in her. except for a few.
It isnt really the kind of book i would go for...normally, but it was fantastic!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I have read, 11 May 2006
A. Murphy (Dorset, England England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sati (Hardcover)
This is easily the best book I have ever read. It is a brilliant story, touching and moving. It is a book of wisdom that can be life changing. It does not preaches yet left me loving it. I have read many books on philosophy/spirituality, including all the recent New age etc stuff yet this one is well ahead of its time. Most people have not read it as it is a childrens author but I am sure if it was reprinted in the right section it could be the best seller of all time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland and not very exciting, 28 Aug 2002
This review is from: Sati (Paperback)
This God only provides one miracle, and the whole of the book conerns our trucker and his unlikely friends as they discuss whether this is really the second coming. The next miracle would be if anyone actually cared much about him, and the strange female.
If you want to read something different from a teenage genre writer, there are better examples elsewhere. As regards a teenager exploring religion, there are much more interesting ways for that to be done.

Sati
Sati by Christopher Pike (Mass Market Paperback - Jun 1991)
Used & New from: £0.01