5.0 out of 5 stars The bitter medicine for strong verbs
This is without a doubt the one Swedish book that you need. There are plenty of good grammar books, a couple excellent dictionaries, but only one verb reference--thankfully it's outstanding.
Published on 12 Nov 2003 by Adam Rush

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
Published 5 months ago by Vandad NP

5.0 out of 5 stars The bitter medicine for strong verbs, 12 Nov 2003
This review is from: 201 Swedish Verbs Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses (201 verbs series) (Paperback)
It does an excellent job of explaining the changing nature of Swedish verbs and provides biblical/antiquainted forms in detail. Strong verb vowel patterns are included in a consice chart and most of them have an example fully conjugated as one of the 201 (which leads to some of them being rather odd choices [niga - to curtsy] for the book). Finally, the colloquial exceptions to the rule are not disregarded, in true Swedish egalitarianism.
I highly recommend this: I just bought five for the people in my Swedish class.

5.0 out of 5 stars You NEED this., 26 Feb 2010
Can't recommend it enough. It not only explains sentence structure, negative clauses and basic grammar, but it provides you with the wide range of present, future, and other tenses. It also explains the divide between 'old' spoken Swedish and the newer, acceptable versions used amongst younger generations, followed by easily understandable examples. I've purchased several books on learning this language so far, but this one is still easily my bible, and is always the one I go back to. Buy it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars all you ever needed to know about swedish verbs!, 7 May 2011
I'm learning swedish at night school and this little book really filled a gap - the course book covers verb tenses but the information is spread throughout the book and it's really useful to be able to look them up in one place - there are so many irregular verbs! (just like English...). Great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful in learning Swedish!, 1 May 2010
Olivia Nilsson "Olivia49" (Hedemora, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This book of verbs is my reference document that I carry everywhere with me as I learn this new language. A new-arrival in Sweden, I am taking courses, but this invaluable little book makes it easy for me to quickly understand what is meant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 17 Dec 2012
Having used the similar 51 Spanish verbs I knew what to expect. This is a very, very useful tool and one which will get a lot of use. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars untitled, 27 Dec 2010
Nowadays, the actual verb lists which fill up most of the book are made pretty much useless by online verb conjugator tools like verbix. Still, the grammatical notes are very useful, and it's well worth getting this book. Bear in mind that when it mentions archaic forms, they were archaic when this book was written in 1975! Since then, they've probably fallen out of use completely.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for my wife because she learns swedish., 25 Mar 2014
I bought it for my wife because she learns swedish. She says that it is very useful and if you are serious about learning swedish you should buy one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good information, 2 Nov 2013
Very good for to have as a reference for most, if not all, of the common Swedish verbs that you will encounter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 27 Jan 2014
This book is practically useless. I have been studying Swedish for the past 2-3 months and bought this book to help me out with verbs. Well, guess what? Learning verbs the way this book teaches (boring page after page of conjugation) is very very very very difficult. Let's say you are trying to learn the verb "to eat" in English. Do you think the following is enough to fully learn this verb?

I eat
He eats... etc.
I will eat
he will eat... etc
I have eaten
He has eaten... etc

Rather than this, the author has to provide examples, in my opinion. For instance:

I ate two pieces of pizza today.
I will eat very little tomorrow.
I have eaten my breakfast already.

It is not enough to conjugate verbs, in my opinion. You have to learn verbs in a context. So to me, this book is absolutely useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars More than a little dissapointed, 4 May 2011
Although a well presented book it is nearly forty years old. The first few chapters talk about how the Swedish language is changing. Forty years on it has changed a lot and has become much more familiar. I am afraid this book is very dated and although it can be used as a very good reference book it is not a book that can be used for a novice who wishes to learn Swedish 'from scratch'

201 Swedish Verbs Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses (201 verbs series)
7.69