Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 December 2013
"Press Here" written and illustrated by Herve Tullet is an innovative children's cartoon book that invites children to interaction with the content offered on its pages.

From the yellow dot on first book page that needs to be pressed, young readers are invited to follow the instructions found inside and perform various tasks such as pressing the dots, page shaking, book tilting and other actions which will cause many funny situations.

This entertaining and innovative concept is helping kids developing their motor skills, teach them colors, directions and counting and while following the instructions it'll look like they themselves create content that will appear on the next page, as if they had written this entertaining book.
And what is best of all is when the last page will be passed, due to felt enjoyment and fun, a child will certainly want to go once again through its entertaining content.

"Press Here", this great children book shows that for creation of entertaining and educational literature for children one doesn't need to have an enormous budget and many people involved.
Exactly its simplicity is what makes it so appealing to children - easy to follow instructions and the circles made in primary colors.

Therefore, Herve Tullet's extremely simple, but endlessly entertaining and interactive picture book can be recommended to every child (and their parents) to enjoy it again and again.
And believe me this is exactly what happens every day since we have this book in our house...
This is a magnificent book for children. There are no lights or music or gadgets - the joy is in imagination and the printed page. The book begins with a simple yellow dot and the instruction to press here and turn the page. More dots appear, and the reader is urged to tap this one or rub this one, gently. The dots multiply, change and generally react, seemingly, to the childs response. Wonderful fun and great for language development and following simple instructions. This really is an unusual and entertaining book and my daughter wanted to do it again - and again - and again!
on 19 July 2011
This is a magical book! Although nothing really happens when you press the dots, the anticipation about what is on the next page is wonderful. Fully recommended
on 13 July 2014
Bought this for my 4year old. She loves this. I'm now having to by a copy for my nephew and my friends son. Brilliant book!!!
on 11 June 2014
Our boy LOVES this book. It's so much fun, it's so interactive and great fun for the child and the adult!
on 6 February 2012
This is a very clever and appealing book which really engages young children. The satisfyingly simple text and images are original and amusing. A great antidote for the attitude of 'it's only a book'.
on 16 March 2016
Bought for reading in a play setting, I had anticipated this really only appealing to our younger children, but was pleased to be proven very wrong. The first time I started reading it I started with an audience of two - a three and four year old. By the time I'd got to the end, I had an audience of fifteen, aged between three and eleven, and every single one wanted us to start again as soon as we'd got to the end.

Whereas our younger children did believe that they were causing the images to change, the older ones obviously understood that this was not the case, but that didn't detract from their enjoyment of it. They enjoyed predicting and even knowing what was going to be on the next page! Since its first outing it (and the simliar 'Mix It Up' by the same author, which we got at the same time) have been requested at every single session and what I, as someone running a play setting, have particularly enjoyed seeing, is the pleasure the older children are getting from being the ones reading it to their younger playmates. They have even tried making their own versions to share.

I suspect we're going to end up having to buy several copies of this, and I suppose the best recommendation I can give is that we'll be very happy to do so!
on 15 October 2013
A rather unique book which is great fun to read to your child. Or should I say play as there are few words. Lets give the book a shake and see what happens? The dots are all mixed up! Tilt the page and they move. My daughter loves it as do I one of my favourites to read at bedtime. Very educational in that it makes your child think about consequence and sequence
on 19 July 2015
Amazingly put together what a simple but effective book. Very enjoyable and appeals to readers and non readers. Had one of the children in my class, who struggles to read, hooked. They were able to retell the story thought their memory and also the pictures to share the book again a great idea.
on 30 March 2013
I bought this as a present for a three year old. It made me giggle in the shop when I read it. It is in the same vein as 'There are Cats in this Book', which is another 'must read'. I then took it home and read it to my kids, 6 and 8, who loved it so much we had to read it three times there and then. It is such a simple idea. The pictures are all based around dots and the reader interacts with them, then they 'respond' eg press here, then you turn the page and the dot has multiplied. My children most like the fact that when you clap the dots get bigger and bigger (just in pictures). Very hard to explain, but great! You have to read it.....