Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 26 February 2013
I bought this yesterday for myself. It's been about 8 years since I last had art lessons (whilst at school) but I still design outfits in my head. I saw this and thought it would be perfect to get some of my ideas out of my head and onto paper without relying on my rusty life-drawing skills or going back through formal training.
The images are croquis, which are not supposed to look like your average girl, this is covered on the front page, along with a handy crib-sheet for various items. With just a 2b and one coloured pencil I've already covered several sheets and can't wait to get cracking on some more. The only suggestion I have is that it would have been nice to have a couple of male figures in there as well.
on 28 January 2014
After falling in love with the idea of designing my own clothes, I realised I would need a helping hand with the fashion standard croquis template, since I'm not a natural artist. I stumbled upon this fashion sketchpad and was really glad that I did.

The book has a handy spiral top to help keep it open at your current page, and as well as sporting a number of fashion poses within it's 420 figure templates, also has some handy hints on materials and other fashion must-knows at the beginning of the book.

For the price, this product is definitely worth it but I've dropped it a star due to the fact that the templates are printed on both sides of the paper. This means that colouring in the designs with a heavier marker pen will seep through the paper leaving the other side of the template useless. This is a small niggle for me, and wouldn't be an issue for people designing in pencil or lighter inked pens. Apart from this, the quality of the paper is great, and I'd highly recommend this item to people wanting to get into drawing their own fashion designs.
on 8 June 2012
I bought this for my 15 year old daughter who is studying art at school. She had read reviews about it elsewhere and asked for it. She loves it. The pages already have bodies of models, front and back, printed on them and you simply draw your design over the top. Great for the worlds next top fashion designer!!
on 14 April 2013
She appeared to enjoy it and find it useful. The fact that the models are shown from different angles makes the student consider the all round design of the garment.
on 29 October 2011
Bought this for my grand-daughter who is doing textiles at school. She was over the moon with it and made designing easy.
on 28 July 2012
This book is brilliant, I am an art student and for my summer project we have to create a diary/scrap book for inspirational imagery to show ourselves to our lecturers, so I decided I wanted to record some of my outfits I wear. This book is perfect for that, it is well made, and look brilliant, people always wonder what it is when entering my room.
If you are looking for fashion silhouettes, this book is perfect.
on 26 February 2012
I have been looking for a book like this (fashion doll/figure templates aka croquis to draw designs onto) for ages with no luck. I think that not only is this book great for the price (loads of heavy A4 pages with varying poses in 2 sizes, for only a tenner when I bought it) but also it's really nicely done - the info pages are nice, the book looks good and it has cerated edges so you can remove pages from the book neatly and it's wire bound so it's easy to flip through and get the pages flat. It's really great. The look of the book is also cool (not like the product image), with a simple and sturdy cardboard front and back.

One person said the figures are too narrow - yes they are very long and thin (very disproportional!) but that's kinda what the figures in these sorts of drawings are like, cos it's stylised and unrealistic - just for concept designs and sketching not accurate proportional clothes design. The drawing on the product image is the shape of the figures in the book.

I am a 19 year old female who likes drawing and is interested in fashion (I just doodle outfits for fun) and I would definitely recommend this cute fashion sketchbook to help get your ideas down and encourage your creativity :)
on 10 December 2013
It promises 420 templates but it really gives you just a bunch of different bodies. I expected a modern collection of poses but I found them too dramatic and outfashioned. Presentation is perfect amd you can practice on it for a time. But I'd really liked more relaxed poses.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this as a present for my Grand daughter, she is delighted with it, so that makes me happy. How she will get on with it when she becomes more expert only time will tell, but so far all is good. I liked the way that it was laid out, and the choice of model positions/poses, on the cover was a place where the owner can write in the number of the book if it is a series or a title or from a date to a date, all are a good idea. It is a little pricey but what isn't these days. So yes I will give it my vote, and back that up with, yes I would buy another, if I am asked
on 24 April 2012
This book of croquis models is absolutely invaluable to anyone wanting to design their own clothing. I have been working for some years on trying to build up a professional looking portfolio and have found it near impossible to get the proportions correct, but this has been an absolute lifesaver and has helped me to jump start my career in making my own clothes. I know some people have complained about the models being too narrow, but it does explain on the first page of the book that the croquis are drawn in the current fashion industry proportions. Fabulous book, I will be stocking up on them for future collections!