Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 May 2012
When this book first arrived, I just flicked through it and thought that while it was pretty, it would probably just sit prettily in my bookcase. But since then, I have made a few of the dresses in it, and am very impressed. The patterns work (not to be taken for granted), and can easily be adapted. Combine the ideas in Sewing Clothes Children Love with the dress patterns here, and your daughter's wardrobe will soon be bulging with very individual dresses and tunics.
There are also quite a few home patterns (cushion, canopy-style bunting), but I have not tried these out yet.
All in all definitely worth buying, and it works out much cheaper than buying individual patterns, as well as being one of those books you can just enjoy flicking through, dreaming of the day when you will have the time to try out all the projects!
on 5 September 2011
This is a treasure..the book itself is presented really well..very pretty to look at and all the patterns for the projects are kept in a little wallet attatched inside the front cover.There are many projects in here...not just clothes..but things for 'Bigger' girls too...great for making gifts and fete makes...I bought it out of curiosity..and LOVE it.
on 6 December 2012
WHAT A BOOK ! TOTALLY GORGEOUS, COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN FOR DAYS! I WANTED SEWING PATTERNS TO MAKE MY GRAND DAUGHTER SOME PRETTY DRESSES AND CAME ACROSS THIS BOOK ON AMAZON, UNFORTUNATELY I COULDN'T LOOK INSIDE IT TO PRE-VIEW IT, SO PUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE, THEN I SAW SOME GREAT REVIEWS ON THE BOOK AND FOUND A WEBSITE ABOUT THE BOOKS AUTHOR AND DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE ON A PURCHASE OF THE BOOK. WOW WHAT A BOOK ITS JUST WHAT I NEED. I AM DEFINATELY A BEGINNER BUT FEEL THIS BOOK IS FINE FOR MY LEVEL OF ABILITY. THE PATTERNS FOR THE DRESSES ARE ALL FULL SIZE AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEAR, PICTURES ARE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL. WOULD MAKE A BEAUTIFUL GIFT.
on 17 May 2011
This is one of the most eye candy books I've bought in the last few months.
Not only it's full of colour but it also has a flawless picture quality and it is filled with 100% girly projects - dresses, aprons, bags, quilts, lamps, etc.. The patterns come in a folder attached to the front cover, where they can be put back after usage so they don't get lost, and each one is followed by precise instructions on how to make it.
As soon as it arrived, I flipped through it and I could not resist making the most simple project featured there: a puppy!
on 31 December 2014
I have made several of the dresses in this book for my 5 year old daughter. She is very tall and thin so after some experimentation I found age 4 bodice with age 6 or 7 length fitted her perfectly. It is lovely to have some clothes that actually fit and we have had lots of compliments wearing these dresses out and about. I get a nice buzz when my daughter proudly announces 'my Mummy made it!' The dresses can look very different depending on the fabric used. We used the same pattern in cotton for a play dress and silk and tulle for a bridesmaid look party dress. Couldn't recommend this book enough. We'll be making a whole load more dresses for next summer.
on 15 June 2015
This book is beautiful and full of inspiration. But, most importantly, the instructions are very clear and well written. I am not an experienced sewist so I really appreciated having everything clearly explained. Designs are simple yet with a "wow" factor. It took me (ONLY - as I said I am not an experienced sewist) two afternoons to complete the Josie dress and the effect was quite glamorous. My daughter and I are quite anxious to try out other projects from this book. I truly recommend it.
on 19 June 2013
I have just bought this book to make dresses for my granddaughters (aged 8 and 3), as the patterns cover ages 2 - 14, so it will last for years. The book is unusual in that it has the patterns in a little folder at the front of the book. I haven't tried these out yet but they are on very sturdy paper and will probably last for a long while as I intend to trace the patterns off so I can personalise them for each child.
The book looks fabulous, great photography and set dressing; the author has used lovely materials and colours.
The instructions for doing the projects look to be very comprehensive and clear. I can't wait to have a go.
on 4 August 2013
This newly published sewing book has got some very easy patterns to sew dresses/skirts/aprons etc. as well as some craft items. The projects are simple, well drawn, and some could even be sewn by the young ladies with little help from mamas. There is a "dressing up" section too, but the basic designs are both practical and tasteful. Recommended.
Patterns are properly drawn, and true to size (an important point,in my opinion; please see my other reviews as a word of caution).
on 6 November 2012
this book was very pretty and had lots of useful patterns. I will definitly be making something from this book for my little girl!
on 19 May 2014
So inspirational and easy to follow. This will be a treasured book for years to come with timeless designs and ideas