5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, pretty projects
Published on 30 May 2012 by Book addict

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special.
Ok but nothing special.
Published 1 month ago by F. Pawley

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, pretty projects, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls (Hardcover)
When this book first arrived, I just flicked through it and thought that while it was pretty, it would probably just sit prettily in my bookcase. But since then, I have made a few of the dresses in it, and am very impressed. The patterns work (not to be taken for granted), and can easily be adapted. Combine the ideas in Sewing Clothes Children Love with the dress patterns here, and your daughter's wardrobe will soon be bulging with very individual dresses and tunics.
There are also quite a few home patterns (cushion, canopy-style bunting), but I have not tried these out yet.
All in all definitely worth buying, and it works out much cheaper than buying individual patterns, as well as being one of those books you can just enjoy flicking through, dreaming of the day when you will have the time to try out all the projects!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!, 5 Sep 2011
This is a treasure..the book itself is presented really well..very pretty to look at and all the patterns for the projects are kept in a little wallet attatched inside the front cover.There are many projects in here...not just clothes..but things for 'Bigger' girls too...great for making gifts and fete makes...I bought it out of curiosity..and LOVE it.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY FAVOURITE SEWING BOOK, 6 Dec 2012
WHAT A BOOK ! TOTALLY GORGEOUS, COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN FOR DAYS! I WANTED SEWING PATTERNS TO MAKE MY GRAND DAUGHTER SOME PRETTY DRESSES AND CAME ACROSS THIS BOOK ON AMAZON, UNFORTUNATELY I COULDN'T LOOK INSIDE IT TO PRE-VIEW IT, SO PUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE, THEN I SAW SOME GREAT REVIEWS ON THE BOOK AND FOUND A WEBSITE ABOUT THE BOOKS AUTHOR AND DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE ON A PURCHASE OF THE BOOK. WOW WHAT A BOOK ITS JUST WHAT I NEED. I AM DEFINATELY A BEGINNER BUT FEEL THIS BOOK IS FINE FOR MY LEVEL OF ABILITY. THE PATTERNS FOR THE DRESSES ARE ALL FULL SIZE AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEAR, PICTURES ARE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL. WOULD MAKE A BEAUTIFUL GIFT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and easy. I really recommend this book, 17 May 2011
Margarida Vargues (Faro, Algarve-Portugal) - See all my reviews
This is one of the most eye candy books I've bought in the last few months.
Not only it's full of colour but it also has a flawless picture quality and it is filled with 100% girly projects - dresses, aprons, bags, quilts, lamps, etc.. The patterns come in a folder attached to the front cover, where they can be put back after usage so they don't get lost, and each one is followed by precise instructions on how to make it.
As soon as it arrived, I flipped through it and I could not resist making the most simple project featured there: a puppy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 19 Jun 2013
Mrs. Valerie Shepley (Bridlington, East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have just bought this book to make dresses for my granddaughters (aged 8 and 3), as the patterns cover ages 2 - 14, so it will last for years. The book is unusual in that it has the patterns in a little folder at the front of the book. I haven't tried these out yet but they are on very sturdy paper and will probably last for a long while as I intend to trace the patterns off so I can personalise them for each child.
The book looks fabulous, great photography and set dressing; the author has used lovely materials and colours.
The instructions for doing the projects look to be very comprehensive and clear. I can't wait to have a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars sewing for girls, 6 Nov 2012
A. dungay (plymouth,uk) - See all my reviews
this book was very pretty and had lots of useful patterns. I will definitly be making something from this book for my little girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 May 2014
So inspirational and easy to follow. This will be a treasured book for years to come with timeless designs and ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little book, 17 Mar 2014
I bought this book as I have recently got into making my daughters clothes. This book was recommend by a fellow online crafter to me so I decided to order it. First of all it's beautiful. It comes bound with a little bow with a full set of patterns neatly stored in their own little pocket. Then there is the book which is full of little girls patterns from about 3-9 years old. Obviously you could use more updated fabrics in your choice of dress. Overall I love the book and it would be perfect a perfect gift for someone who enjoys sewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls world, 2 Mar 2014
Lovely book
Clear instructions
I can't wait go make some of the accessorie
I loved making the dresses
I would buy another book like this

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 1 July 2013
Some lovely ideas, pictures and really makes u want to open the sewing box and get stuck in to some up cycling projects

Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls
Girl's World: Twenty Pretty Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls by Jennifer Paganelli (Hardcover - 1 May 2011)