5.0 out of 5 stars 40 years in and still learning....
I've been a breadmaker for over 40 years ever since we moved from Paris (yes, that one) to Raleigh NC in 1972 and realized that there was no substance on sale that resembled bread. (Wonder Bread is neither). Over this whole time period I have been learning (slowly) how to make better bread. There are many excellent guides to follow -- Dan Lepard, Joe Ortiz, Peter...
Published on 23 Sep 2012 by Christopher G. Kenber

1.0 out of 5 stars Irritiating
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Darrenthesheep

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
We have recently moved from Grenoble,France to Edinburgh, Scotland and were missing the delicious bread we could find so easily in France. So, I bought this book as a gift for my husband. He really enjoyed the process from creating his own starter to tracking down his own wild yeast. A real bread adventure. We had our first loaves this week and I can honestly say, very French-esque! We had also been to Tartine on our honeymoon so we are quite partial to all things Robertson/Prueitt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, and just what I needed, 19 July 2014
colin franks (Devon UK, and Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
Good product, and just what I needed.
Quite technical but worth the money, I hope to get some good bread soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Irritiating, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
It seems like I was the only person disappointed with this book. If you are looking for a cooker side recipe book then buy 'how to make bread by emmanuel hadjiandreou'. This is a beautiful book if you are interested in the history of bread making, and gives you some useful ideas RE how to use up leftover day old bread, but it's written like a 300 page autobiography with recipes waffled out, with the vast volume of images mainly their for artistic purposes than to illustrate step by step methods, and the finished product. One recipe for nettle pizza called for (amongst other things) 6 cups of nettle leaves, 2 ounces of mozzarella, and 400g pizza flour (refer back to step 6, page 56), and heat oven to 500 deg F. I couldn't be bothered to translate the entire book into imperial or metric because it couldn't decide, even in the same recipe, then download an oven temp conversion chart to find deg C, so I returned it. Amazing book, but impractical beyond use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Kindle Edition)
Awesome book, inspiring, great photography, beautiful bread

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Sep 2014
S. Bhattacharya (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
An excellent manual for sourdough

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but beautiful, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
I bought this for my husband who is a keen home breadmaker. I was a bit taken aback by the price but looking through the sample pages I felt it would be worth it even though our bookshelves are already caving in with books about making bread. This one looked a little different and also looked to have some enjoyable anecdotal writing in it too which my husband always enjoys. When I received it I was pleased I had laid out the money. It will make a beautiful gift and I know he will love it. It is more than just another bread book, it is rather special and there is good guidance in it for making starter doughs and sourdough loaves as well....in much more detail than the other books he has. So...expensive (by Amazon's standards) but worth it for a special present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking book!, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
Great book, made the tartine bread and it was fabulous! Working with a wetter dough takes some getting used to, but well worth the effort as it produces wonderful bread! :-) :-) :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic.Anyone making bread at home should have this book in their library. Breads and recipes are perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning pictures and a lovely narrative, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
Great book, maybe not ideal for beginners as you may need to find your own way a little but that's all part of the fun. I didnt learn a great deal from this book but I was already obsessed with this style of baking.

What I love about the book though is the way its written. Its the first bread book that I can properly sit down with a cup of tea and enjoy for reading sake.

Read the preview and see if its to your liking. If it is then rest assure the whole book carries on like that. Stunning pictures and a lovely narrative.

Most enjoyable!

9/10

2.0 out of 5 stars Tartine, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tartine Bread (Hardcover)
Just too technical! Bought as an addition to our bread book library but returned, sadly not enough simple recipes or photos.

Tartine Bread
Tartine Bread by Elizabeth Prueitt (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2010)