4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful
I'd been searching for a 10 year journal after reading about them online, but they were only available over-seas so searched for a '5 year', and found this. As a male I wanted something to record my life, but nothing too feminine as there were a lot of journals out there designed for women, and this fits the bill precisely.

Slightly smaller than I expected, and...
Published on 10 July 2010 by micromatt4

3.0 out of 5 stars As per description but...
Book was sa per description. I knew it would be small but it is a little tricky to write in.
Published 3 months ago by Emily J

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 10 July 2010
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)

Slightly smaller than I expected, and also very thick, but a lovely little journal overall, I am incredibly pleased with. The small size is a plus, because it means I can take it literally anywhere I go, and still fill in my line for the day.

The cover is beautiful, and fortunately the blurb on the back of the book is a large sticker that can be removed easily without leaving any mark. I was surprised to find the edges were gold-edged, and each page is pleasantly thick enough for ink not to show through, and doesn't feel as though it could rip easily. There was a small sticky mark on the front, but this was quickly removed with a damp cloth.

The ability to write in any year date is great, and the format is simple but all I was looking for, with a concise introduction, a full calendar of days spanning 5 years, and a few pages at the back for notable dates or events. I started my first entry last night, and found the lines and space for writing may have been a bit too small for my liking - but I suppose that it the point of the book, not to get carried away writing, and leaves for a few lines to detail what you did that day.

Over all I am very pleased with the journal, and I look forward to the next 5 years of using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, great way to document memories!, 8 Feb 2012
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
Five-year diaries are making a comeback by the looks of it and this one is pretty great. It's well-constructed as a book and has lovely gold edging on all the pages. The diary cover itself it a very pretty shade of greeny-blue/duck egg. The idea is to write a sentence or two so you can remember memorable things from each day and then in years to come, you can actually compare your entries "last year on this day, I was doing..." It's simple and brilliant for anyone who wants to start keeping a journal but doesn't have the time because the entries require so little effort.

I know people complain about the space to write in being too small but this is quite usual with 5-year diaries. With this one, you get 5 lines for each entry and the spacing between the lines in 0.5cm - it's a big enough space to actually write in a couple of sentences but if you've got big writing, you may struggle (although I reckon you could get away writing over the lines which are a light gold type colour)

I bought this diary for a friend but I wish I'd bought one for myself too! I actually started using a different 5-year diary this year: The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal: A Five-year Record It's got a quirky design and you get a quote to ponder each day. Depending on what you want, you might want to consider that diary as an option although you can't beat this one for classic elegance and quality too. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely idea, 6 Sep 2011
D. Braybrook (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
Really like this little diary. As the previous reviewer mentioned, it feels well made: a nice simple cover, gold-edged pages, and thick enough paper. Also, my boyfriend and i got this to write together...so the requirement for it not to be too feminine was there too. We sit down together most evenings (unless we're busy, but even then the "short & sweet" nature of the entries mean it doesn't take too long to catch up!) to write it. It can sometimes be challenging if we've had a particularly busy day, which i guess is my one issue with it. It does however have a section at the back (i think about 5ish pages worth, but don't hold me to that!) of "Memorable dates" which you can use to expand upon particularly important events...but given it's a 5-year diary it's not much leeway! In the same breath though, the short entries really make you think about what the most important things are that you want to remember, rather than just rambling on. If you're looking for freedom to write descriptive accounts of your daily activities then this probably isn't for you. I'll end on a positive though-i love the way the diary's set out, in that the same day every year is on the same page, meaning that when we eventually get to over one year of entries it'll be easy to scan up the page and reminisce about what we were doing that time during the previous year.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST 'WRITE' FOR ME !!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
After countless attempts over the years I have now accepted I am not a Journal person BUT how I wish that I had kept a brief note of events positive or otherwise during my life. This 5 Year Diary enables me to do just that .I agree with all the positive Reviews particularly regarding the outstanding quality . I shall be treating myself to another one to put buy in case in 5 years time they are no longer available !

4.0 out of 5 stars Would make a lovely gift, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
I bought this for myself a few months back and it has served me well so far. I'd always wanted to keep a diary but I never found the time to write in a proper one, so I thought this mini journal would be a good idea. It certainly seems to be working so far, as although sometimes I end up writing an entry a day late so far there's not a single date that doesn't have something written under it.

The book cover is a nicer colour than in the Amazon picture, a pretty shade of turquoise. It's a hardback with gold tinted edges on the pages and gold writing on the front, so it's very well presented. I think it would make quite a nice gift.

On each page a date is written - for example, 3rd January - followed by five sections in which to fill in the year and write a sentence or two about what happened on that day in the year you're writing in. It will be nice to look back in five years time and be able to say "This time x years ago I..."

The only downside of the book, for me, is that I would like just a little more space to write. So that's why I'm giving it four stars rather than five.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gift, 26 Nov 2013
N. Sakkaf - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
Bought this as a birthday gift for my husband and he loves it. He likes to write a diary, but cannot stick to it. So this is just perfect - a couple of lines everyday and manageable. He completes the diary for the day before during breakfast and looks like he will continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young families, 7 July 2014
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
This is a great little 'diary' for the want of a better word. Five lines to write about your day. Then use the same page to write five lines about that very same day the following year, and for the next four yeas after that. So each year you can see what happened on the same day the previous year. I have a young family so I can record silly things my daughters have said/done and their important milestones and will be reminded of them again next year when I go to write on that day again.

Only problem is five lines is never enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
Excellent little book, nice paper and attractive cover. Would also make a great gift for nearly anyone, particularly those difficult to buy for

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery and beautiful product., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
This product is 100% a 5 star rating, everything about it is very appealing. The diary itself is a perfect size, I questioned this when I order as I didn't want a massively huge diary, I just wanted something handbag size and this product was PERFECT!
I love the turquoise and gold rimmed pages I think it's beautifully made, the lines in which you write on daily are also perfect sizing so you don't find yourself struggling maybe to write a huge entry.
The most appealing thing for me about this product was definitely capturing five years in this delightful little book, it's a brilliant idea one I'm massively fond of as I'm very much so intrigued to look back on whatever I was going those days five years ago!!

This product is absolutely brilliant and 10000% perfect for what I wanted!! Very impressed and would definitely recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great journal, 29 May 2013
Gazza (Yorkshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book (Diary)
I start writing a diary & then quite soon run out of steam trying to fill a whole page a day so this book is excellent. Just enough room to write some highlights from the day. It'll be fun in years to come to reflect on past days. Lovely quality too.

One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book by Chronicle Books (Diary - 1 Sep 2009)
11.56