5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful stuff, 21 Sept. 2010
tallmanbaby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bldgblog Book: Architectural Conjecture, Urban Speculation, Landscape Futures (Paperback)
My wife bought me a copy for Christmas, I started reading it on Christmas day, and could not put it down.

It is a wonderful piece of speculative writing about architecture, and is beautifully illustrated. Anyone who has ever thought about why we live in the places that we do, should find this fascinating. It is also surprisingly literary in its terms of reference, if you enjoy JG Ballard, Borges, or Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino, then you will love this.

I have been reading the popular blog for some time, but even so, I was surprised at just how good this book is. This is not just a blog transmuted into a book, it is a substantial and thought provoking book with a deep sense of humour. I cannot think of another book that I have read recently with more ideas in it.

This is a modern classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Feb. 2011
P. Davies (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I love the blog and the book is just as good. Great to pick up and flick through in a spare 5 minutes or even better to put the kettle on and get stuck in.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 12 Sept. 2014
With great openness a variety of projects live next to each other and are commented on through profound yet calm writing …

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
The book is great. Didn't arrive in perfect conditions though.. But it's fine

Bldgblog Book: Architectural Conjecture, Urban Speculation, Landscape Futures