on 17 May 2011
I love Lotta Jansdotter's "Simple Sewing..." books, inc this one for Babies to Toddlers. The designs are very cool, and the projects are perfect for a beginner like me, just starting to sew. I've already made a very easy velcro pouch for my nappies and wipes when I'm out and about (so they don't float about in your handbag getting covered in bits!). It's seriously handy. My only problem (and it's not the book's fault) is that it only covers toddlers up to about 18 months (24 max) and my littlest has just turned 2 years. I hope she makes a Simple Sewing book for children - I would definitely buy! Great book though!!
on 22 August 2010
Simple patterns with inspirational fabric ideas - a lot nicer than most of the stodgy baby and toddler patterns around.

Toys, clothes and practical items, like a baby changing mat and bag, which I'm going to make.

You probably need to know how to sew at least bit before you try these; and the clothes patterns are only in one size, so you'd need to know how to adapt for bigger or smaller babies, but it's a lot of fun and made me want to get the sewing machine out!
on 26 January 2012
I ordered this for someone who loves sewing and was looking for some projects - she also has hopes of grandchildren coming soon... She loves the book and is already trying out the designs.
on 20 February 2012
an amazing book, i am a total novice and i was able to knock out each of these projects every day of my holidays! i have really enjoyed doing each projected and with easy...no headache!
on 5 June 2013
Super book, with patterns to use to make the projects in the book. Explained in a very user-friendly way, there are loads of lovely projects for little ones. The 'snuggle' (swaddling pod) is especially nice.
on 6 October 2013
I have not yet had occasion to use this book but it looks like everything I would want. It arrived within the allotted time and is in perfect condition.
on 29 October 2014
Not great for beginners who don't know how to alter patterns to fit different sizes. I would imagine a more experienced seamstress would like it though as there are some lovely items to make.
on 21 May 2015
This book is just great. Good for beginners and sewing veterans alike.
on 3 October 2014