5.0 out of 5 stars Fun projects
This is a book full of fun project for young moms or grandma's.Also lovely ideas for making gifts for babies.
I have shown this book to a lot of people and they all loved the ideas in the book.
You may have to look over the very individual fabric choises( he writers own collection) because they are rather special and non traditional childrens fabric.
Published on 29 May 2009 by Nicole Thijs

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as others
I was very excited to be buying my first Amy Butler book. But have been left very disapointed and some what dizzy, from all the patterns used in the book.
It's a great show case for her many fabrics, but I found the projects boring and instructions rather unclear. There is not one project for me in this book. I have many other sewing books, and this falls far from...
Published on 14 Jun 2012 by L. J. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Unknown, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones (Hardcover-spiral)
I bought this book for a friends birthday as she is really into sewing children's clothes. She said she was keen to get started so I guess that's a win?

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing for little ones, 24 Oct 2011
this book is wonderful, i saw it reviewed on a blog once, and thought i'd buy it.
and i really enjoyed it! lots of lovely things to make, patterns for cut out and use!
the fabrics they have used to make the items are wonderful!

i don't think it's a good book for someone starting to sew as some of the instructions are rather
difficult to understand!

overall, i give this book 5/5 for it's brilliant quality, contents and wonderful layout.

3.0 out of 5 stars very american, 11 Jan 2010
This is a nice book and lovely patterns, but its very american, I havent sewn anything from it yet but I can see myself having trouble finding things like fusible thermolam, and pellon print and create cotton sheeting.
nevertheless I'm sure I can find some alternatives somehow.
Its also worth noting that the patterns only go up to 12 months... no toddler sizes here(well it is a baby book!, but I was hoping perhaps there would be something for my toddler)
I prefered the layout of her 'in stitches' book, with this one I'm flicking back and forth to see the pictures and the pattern and I don't like that! (personal preference)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant enjoyably textile referance book, 23 Mar 2009
Jay Rainbow (bolton england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
brilliantly set out pattern book. it is suitable for all levels and the items to make are useable durable lovely items

5.0 out of 5 stars very good buy, 27 Oct 2009
This book contains some really nice projects.It's very inspiring. Perfect for gifts or lovely things for our children. the fabrics are beautiful, but can be expensive and hard to find, but with some imagination, any other fabrics can be just as nice
I agree with another review though: the explanations are not always very clear, and I am not a beginner either
Another thing that can be annoying: some projects require special tools and accessories, not always easy to find in shops or on the internet (scrapbooking tools, special glues or printing on fabrics systems, for example...)
so you need to plan ahead for some of the projects

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice patterns but only up to 12 months, 29 May 2013
Perhaps I should have checked more carefully but I bought this to add to my increasingly huge collection of baby sewing books, and I had rather assumed this would cover children past 12 months of age. My little one is 13 months old and rather big too, so I am going to have to do quite a lot of work to check all the sizing on every pattern and possibly remake all the patterns to fit her. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known. Most patterns I have bought for "little ones" have versions for tinies, toddlers and little children. Bit disappointing and I feel a bit short changed, as I just won't get that much use out of it.

The book however is nice and I will make a few of the things from it, mainly the clothes (the kimono PJs and the empire waisted dress are lovely), as I have changing table covers, soft toys etc coming out of my ears! It's a nice inspiration book too, which definitely has its place - complete with utterly gorgeous babies and delightful fabrics.

Worth buying if you are expecting or your baby is very little, you have decent sewing skills and you don't already own similar books.

Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones
Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler (Hardcover-spiral - 25 July 2008)