5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky cuddly and fun
I bought this book on the strength of the previous review - and I'm not disappointed, the items to be made are listed very well and look delightful. I haven't seen crochet instructions written in the way this book shows them , for instance
1st row 7 stitches (then a symbol to show single stitches)
2nd row 14 stitches (then a symbol to show 2 sts into 1...
Published on 12 Mar. 2008 by Elle B Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute teddies
This book is presented well and the charting used is easy to follow,however I have several complaints about this book.
Firstly it did not explain how to start the loop to begin the crochet rounds and I had to refer to another book to work this out.
Published on 29 April 2008 by Dr. Zoe A. Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky cuddly and fun, 12 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
1st row 7 stitches (then a symbol to show single stitches)
2nd row 14 stitches (then a symbol to show 2 sts into 1 st)
3rd row 21 stitches (then a symbol to show a single stitch then 2 into one 7 times)
They go on in this way all through the book and are extremely easy to understand - they must be - I caught on immediately and I'm a very novice crocheter. The items are really cute, quick to make, economical and sweet to stitch on a child's school bag, peeping out of a pocket, on a cushion, or child's comfort blanket, anywhere they'll bring a smile. A lovely book to spread a little happiness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute indeed, 17 May 2008
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
These are delightful patterns. I really like the way the patterns are presented but have a criticism: There is no explanation on how to start (you have to crochet into the slip knot and pull it tight but ther is no explanation how to do this) and the first pattern I followed (small teddy bear) had a mistake in it. For an experienced crocheter no problem but for a novice of the crat offputting - which is a shame because the results are just adorable. I hope they iron out the mistakes in the next edition!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy for Every Crocheter, 18 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
I first brought this book because the cute picture on the front cover caught my eye. However, being one of the first buyers, I didn't know any of the other content or what other people had thought of the book.

I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It is full of a whole range of those lovely photos, and has plenty of lovely patterns, ranging from the Little Teddy Bears to the massive Jackrabbit.

The only negative point I can possibly pick out is that if you didn't know how to crochet, the instructions on this are not particularly clear. However, I don't never understand quite how you can learn the skill from a book and this information is easily sought elsewhere.

If you want to know all the things you can make, the full range is:
Little Teddy Bear (The ones on the front)
Striped Teddy Bear
Big Teddy Bear
Jackrabbit
Citron Puppy
Fluffy Animals (In a special wool)
Butterflies
Cat-like Tiger
Colourful Donkeys
Boy and Girl
White Seal

You may see from some of the names that the whole book is written in a very friendly, and VERY Japanese way, which is lovely to read. My favourites are the Little Teddy Bear and the Little Duckling. I would recommend this book very strongly for all ages that are able to crochet.

For the beautiful presentation alone I would have to give this 5 stars, and there is so much more to it then that. If you want to see all these superb and very sweet pictures... you'll just have to buy the book!

Happy Amigurumi-ing!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute teddies, 29 April 2008
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
Secondly the little teddy pattern has most of the pattern missing for the arms and legs so I just had to make it up to finish it, not great for a beginner! I will conceed that the finished teddy is extremely cute and has both my daughters fighting over it. Time to make another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cute, Super Easy, Perfection!, 26 May 2009
Laura Copping "Lyla" (Barnsley, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
When I bought this book I was looking for inspiration. I had made enough granny squares to give every granny in the county a blanket (or so I felt) but I was still a little scared of big projects. This book provided me with the inspiration I was looking for. The animals are incredibly cute and I have now worked my way through the entire book several times. The projects are perfectly described and the instructions are brilliantly clear and easy to follow. I had never worked from a pattern and was a little bit unsure if I would be able to do so but I can not praise the instructions enough. Each time I open the book I am inspired to make another animal (the little bear is my personal favourite).

I really can not recommend another amigurumi book ahead of this one. I have bought others and this is by far the best. Some of the others may be slightly quirkier but this is simply fantastic. I may even buy another copy in case anything happens to this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, but not for a complete beginner!, 7 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
I love this book. The patterns are truly adorable. I couldn't resist, and made the Little Teddy Bear the day the book arrived! And I didn't find the mistake another reviewer mentioned?

I would not reccommend this book for a beginner, only because the patterns are written in such an unconventional way - little symbols for ((American notation)) single crochet, increase and decrease. Granted the little symbols make it very clear and easy to follow, but I think it would be more useful for a beginner to first learn to follow patterns as they are traditionally set out to avoid confusion later! Maybe that's just me :)

It also has very little basic stitch instruction, unlike 'Lacy Crochet' (another 'KYUUTO!' book). Not a problem if you already know what you're doing though!

Lovely patterns, quick and easy to make, and could easily be adapted to suit your whims.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 24 Sept. 2010
roses (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
I brought this book a while back when I first started to learn crochet. The projects featured in this book are great for when you are just beginning with crochet and want to learn the basic techniques required to fulfill most projects you will come accross. The projects in this book were quick and easy to complete and did not use much yarn, which is a bonus if you wanted to see the progress of your learning quickly. It's a rarity to find crochet projects by japanese designers published in the UK, so I was pleased when I came accross this book. At the start there is a brief introduction to the all the required techniques and stitches used in the projects. The book is well presented with several large colour photos to accompany each project. The project instructions and requirements are clear with diagrams and photos to show you how to assemble bits and pieces. Projects includes bears, rabbit, puppy, dolls, and other animals totalling a generous 19 patterns for you to get your mitts into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and easy to understand, 12 April 2010
S. M. Sinclair (Bridgwater, Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
This book is delightfully put together with easy to understand explainations and diagrams.
Perfect for those just getting into the craft of amigurumi or experienced crocheters who want to get into this craft.
I have only been crocheting for 2 months now, and it was great for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars kyuuto! japanese crafts, 11 July 2009
Ms. Nadine Birtles "nadine" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
have bought several different books on this subject this one was definatly the best, the instructions/patterns were easy different from a normal crochet pattern much simpler, have made lots of these projects now and all have been a success and pretty quick to make up, i would really recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 20 Mar. 2010
Miss Muffy Booth (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) (Paperback)
I hadn't done crochet before buying this book, I found the instructions easy to follow and I love making the little bears and animals, all my friends now have one of my creations! I cannot recommend this book enough.

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts)
Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Amigurumi (Crafts) by Tomoko Takamori (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2008)