5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational
This is a beautiful, beautiful book. I picked it up curiously in a bookstore the other day and from the moment I opened it I was hooked. I sat in the store for two hours looking through the whole thing from cover to cover.

Published on 20 May 2007 by Eva E.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I think that I must have a different book to the other reviewers- mine isn't beautiful at all.
It's a great concept, but doesn't fulfil its potential. This is partly due to poor presentation and partly because there are too many doodles included. Some are fairly fancy doodles, but they are still doodles really!

I can see that the idea is that the editor...
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by PurpleVelvetElf

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 20 May 2007
Eva E. (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)

It is full of glimpses into peoples lives, views of their joys and sorrows and their amazing creativity. There are all types of creations, some very simple, and some that are incredibly intricate and detailed, the one thing they have in common is that they are all stunning.

This is a book I am going to be buying for myself as soon as I can. It is pure inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 2 Jun 2009
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)
Quite simply, this is a beautiful book. I loved the snapshot it gives you into other people's lives and minds. It encompasses the need we all have to express ourselves. Each page is highly individual. It is the kind of book that you can randomly delve into for inspiration. It is also ideal for the voyeurs out there who want a visual glimpse of other lives. This is a collection of journal pages from all corners of the world and from all kinds of people. fascinating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 1 April 2013
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)
So inspired by this brilliant concept! Great book - really interesting stories and art work by people around the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1000 journals, 22 Sep 2011
J. Slack "JBunny" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)
I remebered this project getting off the ground and followed it with interest for some time hoping one of the journals would come to NZ. I saw that one did make it to middle earth then dissapeared- so dissapointed but not to worry I was delighted with the bound copy which is a selection from many of the first journals back, some little surpirises in the book too like stitching and although some of the work was a bit strange to me it was an entry someone was proud to put their name to. Its a flick through (coffee table) book and many friends have taken a few minutes to browse and comment, quite a converstaion starter. The smaller size (bit bigger than A5) is appropriate to the work inside and its bound pretty well so will take a lot of handling. I am very pleased with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars AN INSPIRATION!, 22 Dec 2009
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)
A great artist experiment captured in this amazing tactile book full of personal thoughts and feelings. I'm always finding pages and parts that I haven't seen each time I pick it up! A perfect designer read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Wow!, 15 Aug 2009
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)
Of all the books I've ever read this is the most fascinating and the most beautiful. I promise you you won't be able to put it down once you pick it up so make sure you have time to sit down and enjoy. Perfect present for anyone interested in life, love, the universe, people, places, anything. I love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 1 Sep 2009
PurpleVelvetElf "I love a good story! My nev... (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 1000 Journals Project (Hardcover)

I can see that the idea is that the editor didn't discriminate between well executed pieces and the rest, but this has led to too many low quality pages.
There are some nice pieces, but many have been drastically reduced in size and loose impact.

If, like me, you were hoping for something along the lines of Danny Gregory's An Illustrated Life, this really doesn't come close.

The 1000 Journals Project
The 1000 Journals Project by Someguy (Hardcover - 30 Mar 2007)
14.27