5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book
Published on 26 Sep 2012 by Nanny

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for single adopters
This is a great book and the only adoption journal I could find. However, all the way through it makes references to how WE did this etc. This is no good if there is no WE but only an I.
Published on 20 Nov 2010 by EJ77

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: My Family, My Journey: A Baby Book for Adoptive Families (Hardcover)
I am a foster carer and look after babies/children till they move to their adoptive parents and have been looking for a book like this for years. Baby record books are not suitable but this book is fantastic as it can be used as part of the baby/childs life story work and also helps the adoptive parents to feel more involved in their life during the introduction process. I gave the adoptive parents this book at the start of their introductions and they went straight home and started to fill it in, I have just ordered another copy to put away for next time. I would thoroughly recommend this book to all foster carers to give to adopters and to anyone adopting a child to record all the process and their feelings and it will bring joy to the adopted children when they are old enough to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adoption baby book, 21 Oct 2012
A Lovely book that will capture the period before a child's arrival right through to the end of their first year. It is just like baby books of old only directed perfectly at the adopted child. From photographs of mummy & daddy to ones of all of the people who have had a role in the child's life so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 30 July 2010
not easy to find a journal for adopted children but this fits the bill perfectly!

Great buy and hopefully will be cherished in years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely record book for adoptive families., 1 Nov 2008
We have just adopted our daughter who is 1 and we wanted an adoption baby book, and this is ideal.
It has spaces about the parents and how they got together, why they chose to adopt, how they felt, hopes and dreams for the child, what the first meeting was like, who the special people were who helped with the adoption, a family tree and much much more. It is ideal for all adoptions the only page which I found different was a baby shower page, but overall this is a beautiful book ideal as a replacement babys 1st year book you would buy for a birth child.
We hope this will be cherished by our daughter as it has lots of our memories and feelings recorded that we may not be able to remember so clearly in years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 10 Jan 2009
We were given this book as a present when we adopted our daughter. It has lots of space for recording first steps, words etc and space for each month of the first year together as a family as well as sections to put photographs in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby book for adoptive children, 2 May 2012
This is a fantastic book and keepsake for adoptive children.
Having looked all over the net this is the only book I could find which acted like a baby book biological parents would buy for their children. It is particularly sensitive to the differences adoption adds to the mix.
I like the section left for "those who aided your adoption" where we have put pictures of our social workers.
The only down side of this book is that it is quite Americanised ie there is a section for "baby shower" pictures, this is not such a British event.
On the whole a beautiful sensitive book which will document the addition of our child to our family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!!, 10 July 2013
I am completely in love with this book! I cannot wait to start filling it in with my new child. It's beautifully written and looks lovely. It's nice and sturdy to so no problem for little ones to sit and read. Our Social worker loves it and it recommending it to some of his foster carers as a life story book.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea, 9 July 2013
This is such a good idea for adoptive families my daughter loved it, great to show the baby when grown up :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 15 May 2013
This was exactly what I wanted. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect.
We are in the process at the moment, and every page of this book is ideal for recording the memories and moments that will be so important in our first year. Honestly, I am astounded how good this books is. Every page made me smile and the layout and design is beautiful.
It's really high quality, elegantly designed and perfect for adoptive parents in every way. LOVELY!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 30 April 2013
I read the reviews before purchasing this and I have to agree that it is a lovely book. Significant parts of the journey are addressed and I look forward to building this for our little girl. It is probably aimed at younger children (up to 2) but it is still useful for our 4 year old.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

My Family, My Journey: A Baby Book for Adoptive Families
My Family, My Journey: A Baby Book for Adoptive Families by Zoe Francesca (Hardcover - 1 Jun 2007)