5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended and fun kit!, 22 May 2010
Phoenicia (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit (Hardcover)
Just as the previous reviewer did, I bought three of these kits, after initially buying one. I fell in love with this kit so much that I did not want to use it. That is why I bought three more, for myself, or to give away, or both, I haven't decided yet.

Inside the kit you will find:
- a 'novelist' button, so everyone will know what you are
- a progress log sheet, to keep track of your daily input of words. And a set of gold star stickers, for every day you exceed your daily target
- 'ask me about my novel' stickers, to put on your desk, your door, your novel writing note pad...
- I owe you notes, to make you pay for every day you fail to meet your daily target
- a contract binding you to finish your novel
- a sealed emergency envelope, for if you are about to quit the project
- a set of playing card sized daily assignments
- a small handbook, to get and keep you going.

All in lovely colours, mainly orange and a beautiful colour blue.

The aim of the kit is to have fun writing your - probably trashy - novel. Quantity is what counts, and not giving up, in stead of quality (you will judge the quality after you have finished, if you like, that is).

If you want to go for quality from day one, buy 'a book in a month', by Victoria Lynn Schmidt, or better still, buy them both. And buy the just as wonderful, highly motivating 'no plot, no problem' guide book, too, if you can afford it, also by Chris Baty. All available at Amazon.

Have Fun!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very fun!, 13 April 2010
This review is from: No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit (Hardcover)
To date I have bought 3 of these kits for myself and others. For any budding writer who wants to take the novel plunge, it is fun and if a body follows the directions one may well have a novel at the end of it. I moved house in the middle of writing mine so didn't do it 30 days but am well up for the challenge again. When I first got it I was tickled with the paraphernalia that comes with it. Someone who bangs on about writing a book might actually do it if they got this.

5.0 out of 5 stars at last a system that works, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit (Hardcover)
My kit came too late for the no mo month so I waited and started on the first of December. I am now three weeks in and loving it.
the cards are a nice little gee up before I start writing every day. Often they cover issues I am having at that time.I started with no idea what I was going to write about and am now well into a Christmas mystery.The story plan is finished and I am filling in the details and looking forward to my last week.
If you are thinking of buying this ,do! I have done several writing courses and this has been the best

5.0 out of 5 stars motivation that really works!, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit (Hardcover)
I love this kit! If ever anyone needed motivation to write then I did! But in this little box is everything I need to make sure I write and stick at it. There are cards, gold stars (like being back at school!) and everything to prompt me to write every day. I actually feel guilty now if I don't do as the kit tells me. The kit comes in a box which looks like a book and opening it was quite exciting as it contains a booklet to guide you through the writing process week by week, over four weeks and cards to give you a boost each day with advice for inspiration. There is a wall chart to use as a progress log and it is rewarding just to look at that to see how you have progressed. And if you are telling people you are writing a novel there are stickers that you can use saying "ask me about my novel". You can be brave and stick these to your clothes and then you have to tell people you have progressed instead of making excuses. I cheat and stick them on my draft notebook! I have been writing for a long time but have never before had the motivation to sit down and write every day, now I feel I have achieved something as I fill in the daily log. I am about to start on week 3 now and another week and I will be looking for a publisher - the hard bit of writing as every writer will tell you - well those of us who don't have a relative/friend in the publishing trade or who is already a best selling novelist!

No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit
No Plot? No Problem!: Novel Writing Kit by Chris Baty (Hardcover - 27 Oct 2006)
12.48