Format: Spiral-boundChange

on 1 February 2012
This is a cute little book, with very basic patterns. Napkins, potholders, kitchen towel, tote bags, aprons, all simple and inoffensive. I am a once-reasonably-skilled seamstress trying to pick things up again after a 10yr break, and this wasn't the perfect book for me, it's a tad too basic. But that doesn't mean I regret buying it.

This book will please either the beginner looking for things to create with thorough explanation or a seamstress who's stuck in her own design mood and need to be kicked out of it. There's a very distinct look and feel to all projects in the book and that's probably why I'm keeping it. It feels nice to browse it and the simple inventions are often the most thought-provoking.

This book definitely made me want to look at more at Jansdotter's work. And layout and binding is just perfection, which is so rare. Thank you for a wonderful book that I love even though I probably won't make anything from it.
on 8 January 2011
This book is simply beautiful and full of lovely projects. All have easy to follow instructions I like the way they are given levels of expertise as well. Level 1 being the easiest all are within most peoples range of experience even mine and I am a beginner in sewing.
Lovely Tote bags that can be made for yourself or as gifts, placemats, napkins, coasters and even a picnic napkin all easy to make. Potholders make nice gifts for the kitchen I like to add them in with a food basket filled with homemade goods like cookies etc now I can make my own potholders.
An apron is also in the book and something I definately want to make. Patterns are provided and easy to use all in all a book that will provide inspiration and get the beginner on the way to making useful items. All the materials are easy to get hold of as well I am so pleased I found this book.
on 9 July 2010
I have made two cafe pinnys from the lovely book with the urge to make many more things, it has good instructions, lovely pictures and I really find it very inspiring. I am not a very confident or experienced sewer so this suited me down to the ground.
on 5 May 2015
simple sewing is an understatement. the projects are the kind of thing you would teach to children . these kinds of patterns/instructions are all available online. the book was cheap though, probably it will end up as a present to a learner sewer, I know a few.
on 30 June 2013
I think that this book is great for anyone new to sewing and I liked the patterns inside. However perhaps I had underestimated my skills and wanted a bit more.
on 17 November 2015
Interesting book but would have been more helpful to know what projects it included. There's not many that actually would interest me in making
on 2 April 2010
The title says it: the simplest patterns, incredibly easy projects for beginners, suitable for children teaching too. Very cute on the whole!
on 11 October 2011
I found this book extremely useful for using up lots of scrap fabrics and giving me lots of inspiration for other projects
on 15 November 2012
This is a very useful book, with simple projects that are easily understood. I am a beginner so found it helpful
on 21 July 2010
This book is lovely, but it wasn't clear before I bought it that all the projects are for sewing machines. I don't have one, so just a tip for fellow hand sewers - this isn't the one for you.
0Comment6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse