5.0 out of 5 stars Super book!
I love this book! I bought it based mostly on having heard of the author through craft websites, etc. but also on some of the Amazon reviews. Bought it on a whim really, to make up an order to save postage! But absolutely love it! Really good value for money, lots of inspiration and in fact just about every project had me thinking "I'm going to make that"! Have already...
Published on 9 Sept. 2008 by luckybear

1.0 out of 5 stars simple Sewing.
simple sewing is an understatement. the projects are the kind of thing you would teach to children . these kinds of patterns/instructions are all available online. the book was cheap though, probably it will end up as a present to a learner sewer, I know a few.
Published 2 months ago by doris

4.0 out of 5 stars Very simple indeed. Good beginner's workbook., 1 Feb. 2012
S. Richter (Copenhagen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
This is a cute little book, with very basic patterns. Napkins, potholders, kitchen towel, tote bags, aprons, all simple and inoffensive. I am a once-reasonably-skilled seamstress trying to pick things up again after a 10yr break, and this wasn't the perfect book for me, it's a tad too basic. But that doesn't mean I regret buying it.

This book will please either the beginner looking for things to create with thorough explanation or a seamstress who's stuck in her own design mood and need to be kicked out of it. There's a very distinct look and feel to all projects in the book and that's probably why I'm keeping it. It feels nice to browse it and the simple inventions are often the most thought-provoking.

This book definitely made me want to look at more at Jansdotter's work. And layout and binding is just perfection, which is so rare. Thank you for a wonderful book that I love even though I probably won't make anything from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 8 Jan. 2011
Paula Ward "Hearth Witch" (Milton Keynes England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
This book is simply beautiful and full of lovely projects. All have easy to follow instructions I like the way they are given levels of expertise as well. Level 1 being the easiest all are within most peoples range of experience even mine and I am a beginner in sewing.
Lovely Tote bags that can be made for yourself or as gifts, placemats, napkins, coasters and even a picnic napkin all easy to make. Potholders make nice gifts for the kitchen I like to add them in with a food basket filled with homemade goods like cookies etc now I can make my own potholders.
An apron is also in the book and something I definately want to make. Patterns are provided and easy to use all in all a book that will provide inspiration and get the beginner on the way to making useful items. All the materials are easy to get hold of as well I am so pleased I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great projects from beginner upwards, 9 July 2010
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
I have made two cafe pinnys from the lovely book with the urge to make many more things, it has good instructions, lovely pictures and I really find it very inspiring. I am not a very confident or experienced sewer so this suited me down to the ground.

1.0 out of 5 stars simple Sewing., 5 May 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, if a bit basic, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
I think that this book is great for anyone new to sewing and I liked the patterns inside. However perhaps I had underestimated my skills and wanted a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars the simplest sewing patterns for the home and kitchen, 2 April 2010
F. Battiato (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
The title says it: the simplest patterns, incredibly easy projects for beginners, suitable for children teaching too. Very cute on the whole!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotta Josndotter's Simple Sewing, 11 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
I found this book extremely useful for using up lots of scrap fabrics and giving me lots of inspiration for other projects

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
This is a very useful book, with simple projects that are easily understood. I am a beginner so found it helpful

2.0 out of 5 stars Sewing machine needed, 21 July 2010
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
This book is lovely, but it wasn't clear before I bought it that all the projects are for sewing machines. I don't have one, so just a tip for fellow hand sewers - this isn't the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a gift for a friend who found it very useful., 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing (Spiral-bound)
Bought as a gift for a friend who found it very useful. I

Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing
Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter (Spiral-bound - 1 April 2007)