4.0 out of 5 stars a bit different
I really like these cards. Yes, they have some unusual animals such as xolo, urchin and quetzal but they're very attractive and fun. We teach children duck, bird, parrot etc. as different types of birds so why not let them know alligator and crocodile?

Published on 24 Mar. 2008 by Mrs. L. M. Longshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Flash cards
On the whole good. But uses very obscure animals to use up letters of the alphabet. The cards could be
better made to withstand a teething toddler.
Published on 14 Aug. 2011 by SNS

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit different, 24 Mar. 2008
Mrs. L. M. Longshaw "louisel" (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)

As for unrealistic colours, how many books show animals in different colours, what about Elmer? Have you ever seen a multi-coloured elelphant? No, but it doesn't matter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 17 April 2009
T. Stanton (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
These flash cards are excellant. They basically taught my daughter her entire alphabet at the age of 19 months old! After just 1 week of playing with them once every day she could memorise ALL the animals on the cards and she loved them particulally the turtle. She is now 3 and still knows her entire alphabet thanks to these cards. Get them and use them properly they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
I am a little baffled as to why people are whinging about the animals that make up the letters 'U' 'Q' and 'X.' I would be interested to see what animals they come up with that are less 'obscure!' Or perhaps it would have been better to have missed those letters out altogether, just so as not to 'confuse' the child! An 'urchin' is just as easily learnt as a 'zebra.' We adults tend to shy away from teaching our kids things/ words we don't understand ourselves! Anyway, whinging aside, these cards are beautiful. They are bigger than expected and very durable.... yes, they may not withstand a teething toddler, but they are more durable than any other flash cards I have ever seen! They are for toddlers, not babies! Again, how could these be better made in order to be knaw proof?! They could have been laminated paper and not nearly so nice and still bendable! They are made of thick card and they are simple and eye catching and, I say it again, stunning. Beautifully presented in a lovely little box, a GORGEOUS gift for a child on his/ her second birthday, or for any occasion! I am thrilled with these and will be ordering another set to stick on the wall! Super chuffed! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cards!, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
These cards are fantastic, they are thick card board so much harder wearing than others I've got and the variety of animals is brilliant also, I love that there are some more unusual animals in there aswell as the more common ones - it gives a better view of the variety of the amazing animals out there other than just what you may encounter on a walk to the park or trip to the zoo (and the review moaning about the use of the xolo - can you think of a common x animal?). I think the art work is great aswell even though the colours aren't all true to life but what cartoon pictures are? My 2 1/2 year old son really enjoys them and we often play games with them aswell such as finding which animals live in water? and which animals eat leaves?. Overall I really like these cards and I am back to buy another set as a present, they are great quality and in a decent box that will actually hold them and not squash or tear after a being handled by little hands and they seem to hold his attention longer than others we've got.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 9 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
My 18/2yr son got these as a chrismas present and he loves it. within weeks he was able to recognise letters even in other books as a result of using these flash cards. Yes some of the animal colours are abit misleading but mind you, my son is able to recognise some of the animals on other books as a result of using these cards; I feel the altered colours of the animal could be a good thing as it test the knowledge of the child from forms rather than colours, if you know what i mean. could have done without animals like xolo, narwahl etc, i dont even know what they are let alone see them in my life! I love the fact that the cards are hardback and large (child friend)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, a perfect gift, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
I bought these for my nephews 1st birthday. As he lives miles away from us, we usually end up sending a gift from amazon. My sister is a fan of Eric Carle and happened to have two sets of these cards. She has sent neither back as one set is now stuck to the back of his bedroom door in a lovely display of the alphabet as per the suggestion below from Milly. The other set is being put to use showing my nephew all of the beautiful pictures of different animals, much more unique to ordinary animals. All in all a happy aunt for finding a gift much loved by a mummy and her son, I will have to order a set for my own boy now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Informative, 3 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
My brother gifted these flash cards for our 15 month old son. he fell in love with these instantly. within a few days he was able to identify a few of the animals. if i place 3-4 flash cards and ask him to pick the elephant, he would bring the right card to me. and now he is staring to say many animal names like giraffe, monkey. and also makes many animal sounds like that of lion. so we are really enjoying the flash cards.

we bought it for our 2 yr old niece and she also enjoys it a lot. much the same way as our son uses it.

the surprise came when her 4 yr old sister wanted to use them too. she sat with me and we spent a whole lot of fun time reading the spelling of the words. some of the animals being not so popular made it fun for us cause that would mean she had to actually read it and not guess based on photos :-)

we ended up buying another one for a friends daughter.

would highly recommend it. i am planning to buy the number flash cards as well for our son later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning resource, 7 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
I bought the flash cards to use for reading and development display - encouraging library staff to celebrate this years chosen 'Booktime' book 'Slowly Slowly Slowly' said the sloth. Eric Carle's books are inspirational and perfect to use in early education. Also perfect for my young family - hours of fun guessing animals starting with different letters.

5.0 out of 5 stars N n is for Narwhal, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
These cards are brilliant.
When your'e three yr old announces N n is for Narwhal...be prepared to fall off your chair!!!
They have been really popular with his friends as well.
Made from heavy duty card, so fairly indestructable
Would definately buy these for birthday presents etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous images, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards (Cards)
Bought to frame and use as decoration in my daughters animal themed nursery. Images are gorgeous, lots of colour and a good variety of animals including some more unusual ones.

Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards
Eric Carle's Animal Flash Cards by Eric Carle (Cards - 29 Sept. 2006)