on 11 October 2001
This book hsa combined nice illustrations, graphis and very clever character design. With its dark sense of humour and well-match illustrations,
it does make you laugh even just with few simple words/lines. i think this book it worth keeping if
you are interested in comics, character or graphic design, very clever and funny!
VINE VOICEon 8 August 2003
emily is strange!!! if you like comics like ghost world then you'll like emily....she dresses in black,is anarchic and coolly funny.... the book is beautifully illustrated and is an easy fast read... i would recommend this to anyone.... emily is strange and she rocks....
on 19 April 2003
Dark, funny, and with crisp, simple, yet edgy drawings. Full of humourous one-liners that will bring a smile to even the gloomiest goth's face.
I really like the fact that on each page there are clear, sort of reflective bits that show up under light. You don't see them at first, as some are quite small, but they reveal all sorts of little hidden messages, which keep you going.
A great gift for any Emilys you know, whether it's their name, their looks or their character.
I would have said it was a little expensive for such a small book, because it was rather highly-priced when I got it, but they brought it down now so yay!
See what Emily sees...
Xthe fewXthe proudXthe strangeX
on 29 July 2003
well, reading this leave me with mixed feelings. i didnt find it particularly funny, and for about 5 sentences, it costs a bit too much. there were one or two funny bits.
on 20 July 2013
Lovely introduction to this wonderful character & world of "Emily the Strange" ideal for the preteen reader,- more fun than Goth !
on 14 December 2011
I wonder why it is that I feel the most productive just before falling asleep. In the quite time after which I've switched off my iPod, turned off my kindle but just before I actually feel sleepy. In this space my mind expands across the things that I have to do in the coming day, the tensions of life and work that I'm struggling to conquer. Often I figure out where I'm going with a piece of practice in this time, or precisely sketch out a piece of writing which I want to play out. These things are often forgotten by morning, which is why I keep a notebook by my bed side. Like some mad professor figuring out the genesis of life (lightning, in case you wondered), I'v been known to sketch diagrams at 3am in the morning. Desperately scribbling down sentences that smooth out the wrinkles on any theoretical writing. An angle or approach, a way of looking at the standing ideas that will help to slide all the pieces of theory together into a neatly packaged argument.

I suppose its because this is free time, a moment to truly try and relax. The body does not move very much and I don't have my headphones in. So the mind like a creeping shadow expands out beyond the confines of the bed, covering the detritus of the room. Spooling in any problems that these objects represent.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2012
Unusual and novel graphic art, if you are a fan of Emily then this will delight, good hardback binding and quality printing.
on 6 May 2009
As an Emily fan, this calendar is another great product. Very high quality!
Worth my money and I love every single drawing in it
on 8 August 2015
Book arrived in good time and great condition. Very happy. Love Emily.
on 7 November 2014