5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly reassuring and beautiful book., 23 Mar 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Mama Do You Love Me? (Hardcover)
I am a psychotherapist who works primarily with adults, but I put this book on my waiting room table. It presents unconditional love in wonderful, understandable terms, and is a model for how parents should treat their children as well as for how people should treat themselves.

Jane Mattes, C.S.W.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Insight into Inuit Culture and Motherly Love, 4 Feb 2009
Bizi (Huddersfield. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
A favourite of my son's when he was between 4 and 7. We read it over and over again enjoying the beautiful pictures and the wonderful language. The little girl is delightful; mischievous in her thoughts checking the limits of her mother's love. And of course that love is limitless! My son used to ask me how much I loved him and loved my answers more than the raven loves his treasure, more ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, nice drawings, 10 Sep 2010
Khany (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
I loved this book! The story is quite simple: a little girl is challenging her mum and ask if she would still love her even if she does various kind of mischief. The drawing are really, really nice. We bought it for our 18 months old son on a trip to Canada and ordered 4 more from Amazon when we came back, to offer to friends (or rather to their kids). The pages are thick and the book format is not too big so easy to handle for little hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for letting your little one know the will always ..., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
Great for letting your little one know the will always be loved. My daughter 2.5 loves to think up crazy examples after we read this one. Bought for snuggling after our new baby came along - esp where patience is short!

5.0 out of 5 stars another little star!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
Giving much pleasure to my little grandchildren. They love learning about children whose lives are totally different from their own. Simple story, beautifully illustrated with pictures which arouse their curiosity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful introduction, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
Do I love this book? YES! It is a lovely balance between beauty, education, and soul. You wander through these artistic images, weaving through a simple but sometimes mysterious language, and arrive at a story of devotion between mother and daughter.

Barbara M. Joosse introduces us to the Inuit people in a gentle and fascinating way. The book also includes a glossary of information at the back that is neither patronising nor boring but could easily be included at bedtime to inspire a dream or two. I happily read this over and over to my baby and she doesn't yet have any clue what I'm saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves it's award! Love it!, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
A well illustrated and beautifully written book for little ones about a little girl testing the boundaries with her mum. It inspired me to find out a few things such as what on earth is the 'umiak' and a musk-ox? I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little book, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
Bought this to replace an older, much loved, version that was damaged.

This version is in a smaller format and the pages are thicker and more glossy so should stan dup to handling well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
The book was in the condition as described and the story was a lovely one and excellent at illuminating a different culture and way of looking at the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely :), 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mama Do You Love ME? (Board book)
Such a lovely book about a mother's love. Brilliant for young children and parents to enjoy together before bed time.

Mama Do You Love ME?
Mama Do You Love ME? by Barbara M. Joosse (Board book - 1 Oct 1998)
3.99